Ski Length vs. Weight

Old December 3rd 03, 05:51 PM
Edgar

Default Ski Length vs. Weight

I just bought/ordered Fisher S-bound Outtabounds from the Marmot
Berkeley store. I was advised to get the 189 cm ski with my 170#
weight for mostly touring with some tele turn capability use.

Fisher and others have length vs. weight charts. Are the weight
ranges listed inclusive of boots and pack or are they calibrated to
"street" clothes weight? Based on the Fisher weight charts, the 189
cm ski is right for me with boot and pack weight, while I am in the
179 cm ski range for body weight.

In the past I've figured on picking skis for optimum glide based on
minimum weight (body + light e.g 4kg day pack) figuring that if I'm
loaded for an overnight hut (e.g. 10-15 kg pack) trip, the extra
weight will beneficially give me better grip with glide be a secondary
consideration when loaded.

Edgar
Old December 4th 03, 04:16 PM

Ski Flex and Weight Loss Daniel Vargo Nordic Skiing 3 February 3rd 05 10:55 PM
pole length steve Nordic Skiing 6 December 22nd 04 04:21 AM
Palm side exit point for pole length measure -JP- Nordic Skiing 1 March 22nd 04 03:02 AM
Ole-Einar wants to put on some weight Anders Lustig Nordic Skiing 7 January 29th 04 04:10 PM
Which weight training, or exercise, helps the muscles that flexes the legs? DJ Kim Alpine Skiing 9 August 21st 03 06:02 AM