What's in your quiver?

Old January 15th 05, 01:02 PM
Switters

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:35:16 GMT, Eddie allegedly
wrote:

98 Burton Canyon 156 - Rails, early season riding (not much snow here).
03 Burton Johan 166 - Speed, powder (love this board)

You ride both of those! Wasn't the Johan a pretty narrow board? Or do
you just not ride on the rails on it if you come onto the hard pack?

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old January 18th 05, 08:23 PM
Dmitry

"David" wrote

What boards do you have?

For the ones you still ride, what do you use 'em for?

Boards:

'02 Palmer Carbon Circle 158 - too short, awating to be given to friends or sold
'01 Ride Timeless 158 - too short, awating to be given to friends or sold
'03 Nitro Shadow 160 - RIP as of last week
'03 Palmer Channel Titanium 164 - will be sold or given to friends shortly
'03 Burton Fish 156HD - never had bindings mounted on it

Basically, I don't have a good board to ride as of now. Crap.
Maybe just try using the Fish for all-around riding?

Skis:
'03 Atomic SX:9 170 - lots of repaired rock damage, needs base grind
'03 Nordica Beast 177

Old January 19th 05, 01:31 AM
David

"Dmitry" wrote in message ...

"David" wrote

What boards do you have?

For the ones you still ride, what do you use 'em for?

Boards:

'02 Palmer Carbon Circle 158 - too short, awating to be given to friends or sold
'01 Ride Timeless 158 - too short, awating to be given to friends or sold
'03 Nitro Shadow 160 - RIP as of last week

Too bad about that one. Especially because it seems to be your favorite board.

'03 Palmer Channel Titanium 164 - will be sold or given to friends shortly

I gotta make more friends on this group!

The 156 is OK, but the two 158s are too short? I guess there are lots of factors,
but I don't know anything about those boards and I'm curious.
Oh, and what's wrong with the 164?

Old January 19th 05, 04:52 AM
Dmitry

"David" wrote

'03 Nitro Shadow 160 - RIP as of last week

Too bad about that one. Especially because it seems to be your favorite board.

Well, every disaster holds an opportunity in it

'03 Palmer Channel Titanium 164 - will be sold or given to friends shortly

I gotta make more friends on this group!

The 156 is OK, but the two 158s are too short? I guess there are lots of factors,
but I don't know anything about those boards and I'm curious.

Fish is a strange animal. It has a very pronounced tapered shape, and
if you compare the binding setback and shape of the Fish with a more
traditional board, you'll see that there's a big piece missing in the
tail section of the Fish. So if you add an imaginary tail a 156 Fish
suddenly becomes a 160+ (more like a 162 or 64) board.

Oh, and what's wrong with the 164?

Way too much board for me. Too stiff, too big sidecut, too heavy, etc.

Old January 19th 05, 02:57 PM
Champ

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:23:41 -0800, "Dmitry"
wrote:

'02 Palmer Carbon Circle 158 - too short, awating to be given to friends or sold
'01 Ride Timeless 158 - too short, awating to be given to friends or sold
'03 Nitro Shadow 160 - RIP as of last week
'03 Palmer Channel Titanium 164 - will be sold or given to friends shortly
'03 Burton Fish 156HD - never had bindings mounted on it

Basically, I don't have a good board to ride as of now. Crap.
Maybe just try using the Fish for all-around riding?

Works for me. Seriously.
--
Champ
Old January 19th 05, 05:05 PM
og

Oh, and what's wrong with the 164?

Way too much board for me. Too stiff, too big sidecut, too heavy,

etc.

I hear that!

Old January 19th 05, 08:51 PM
Ed

Sharkie wrote:
Champ wrote:
What boards do you have?

Burton Fish 156 (the original one)

wow, they last forever, don't they?

You know what year is this board?

The current Fish has not been out long. Are you thinking of the Brushie
"fish" board from like '93 with the fish skeleton on the base? Anyway,
in my collection:
'93 Burton Terje 152? (signed by Terje)
'93 Burton Kelly Slopestyle 164 (RIP)
'93 Burton Twin Tip (Ouija Board)
'95 F2 Spinner 149 (propeller on base)
'97 Brushie 153 (Craps Table) (Lost off open roof rack at Killington)
'98 Sims 154 Japanese Import (de-laminated GARBAGE)
'00 Burton Dragon 156 (cracking after too many nose manuals)
'03 Burton Code 160

I ride pipe and park mostly and the Code works great there. Everything
else is retired or faulty.

Old January 20th 05, 09:05 AM
Switters

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:51:27 GMT, "Ed"
allegedly wrote:

The current Fish has not been out long. Are you thinking of the Brushie
"fish" board from like '93 with the fish skeleton on the base?

I think the Fish has been out for 3 seasons now.

Old January 20th 05, 10:52 AM
Champ

allegedly wrote:

The current Fish has not been out long. Are you thinking of the Brushie
"fish" board from like '93 with the fish skeleton on the base?

I think the Fish has been out for 3 seasons now.

That's right - got mine the season it came out, in 2001/2002
--
Champ