Duluth XC Ski Club Season Kickoff

Old October 14th 05, 12:58 AM
Shmo

Default Duluth XC Ski Club Season Kickoff

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

CONTACT:
Bryan French, President, Duluth Cross Country Ski Club
(218) 525-3901

www.duluthxc.com

DULUTH CROSS COUNTRY SKI CLUB SEASON KICKOFF
Duluth, MN =E2=80=93 Come celebrate the beginning of the Duluth Cross Count=
ry
Ski Club=E2=80=99s second season! Please join us Saturday, 22 October at
Chester Bowl from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM for our Season Kickoff and
Membership Drive. Bring your friends and family! Everyone is invited!
We've got a bunch of fun activities planned, including:
=E2=96=A1 Ski Waxing Clinic!
=E2=96=A1 Fun Run/Hike!
=E2=96=A1 Kid=E2=80=99s Rootbeer Relay!
=E2=96=A1 Free Food!
=E2=96=A1 1st Annual Chili Cookoff!
=E2=96=A1 Ski Equipment Display!
=E2=96=A1 Fabulous DOOR PRIZES!
The =E2=80=9CDXC=E2=80=9D is a club that is dedicated to the growth and enj=
oyment
of Cross Country Skiing. We=E2=80=99re building a vibrant and growing cross
country ski community right here in Duluth. This will be a great chance
to socialize with other skiers and learn more about this great club and
how to become involved and join DXC! Check out our website at
www.duluthxc.com to find out all the upcoming club outings and
activities.

Our mission is to support and conduct activities in Duluth, MN that:
=E2=96=A1 Provide local XC skiers regular opportunities to ski, train, and
socialize together.
=E2=96=A1 Make the Club a point of contact for resources and information
about XC skiing.
=E2=96=A1 Provide opportunities for skill improvement for all XC skiers.
=E2=96=A1 Encourage young people to XC ski with programs like KidSki.
=E2=96=A1 Preserve, Maintain, and Enhance local XC ski trails.
=E2=96=A1 Foster local XC ski races and athletic advancement for all ages a=
nd
abilities.
=E2=96=A1 Educate the general public about XC skiing in Duluth.
Some of the benefits of membership in the DXC
include:
=E2=96=A1 A DXC hat!
=E2=96=A1 A membership card which entitles you to:
o 10% discounts at several local retailers like: Blue Massage,
Continental Ski and Board, Midnight Sun Adventure Company, Play It
Again Sports, The Ski Hut, and Trail Fitters.
o Discounts at local ski trails like Snowflake and Spirit Mountain
Nordic Centers
=E2=96=A1 A regular newsletter
=E2=96=A1 Members Access to the www.duluthxc.com website
=E2=96=A1 Access to a group of skiers you can join while taking part in
regular workouts, social group ski tours, training clinics, races, AND
MORE!
The future of Cross Country Skiing in Duluth is up to us! Want to help?
Contact the club at to let us know your interests and
your ideas. Energetic members are what make this club great.
- END -