ski areas that are close proximity to the airport?

Old October 29th 03, 09:33 PM
Luca Signorelli

Default ski areas that are close proximity to the airport?

"Michael MacClancy" wrote in message ...

None of the resorts in NW Italy is very far from Turin Airport. Sestriere,
Sauze, Cervinia, Courmayeur, La Thuile, Gressoney. See www.viamichelin.com
___
Michael MacClancy

Since the opening of the Aosta-Courmayeur link, it takes me 1 hour&15
minutes from the moment I leave home in northern Turin until the
moment I enter my flat in Courmayeur. Of course, if you don't bother
with speed limits (130km/h max on highways), it can take even less.

From Turin Airport (Caselle) to Courmayeur is basically 1 hour

Because of this, it has become more attractive to fly Turin instead of
Geneva. The car trip takes almost the same, but you don't have the
Tunnel nuisance (highway toll is 11 euros from Turin to Courma)

Turin-Sauze is 45 minutes, depending on the traffic. Same goes for
Turin-Bardonecchia.

Turin-Gressoney and Turin-Cervinia is 1 hours, with plenty of curves
in the last kms.

Allow 2 hour for Turin-Sestrieres (the state road on Val Chisone is
long)

Turin-La Thuile is 1 hour until Morgex, then 30 minutes Morgex-La
Thuile. If I was in you I would stay in Courmayeur, and take the
morning bus shuttle to La Thuile.

Hope this has been of help