Scottie Sighting

Old February 23rd 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

Default Fred Gwynne

On Feb 23, 2:28 am, Sven Golly wrote:
(Jeff Davis) wrote in news:12tscaja0jf7af3
@corp.supernews.com:

I've yet to meet a professional athelete active in the NFL or MLB that
didn't have a, "No Skiing," Clause in their contract.

Yeah well my bro-in-law played with him in college before TG had a
contract.

--
Sven Golly
Yah sure by gosh by yumpin' yiminy

I went to school w Pat Toomay who was the starting Defensive end for
the Dallas Cowboys, the first year they won the Super Bowl-all Pro a
couple of times. I also had a summer job working w Walter Davis - the
UNC/NBA Star. My parents had a house in Governor's Club close to
Jerry Stackhouse's home. Does this make me important? I calle lines
at a Women's Professional Tennis Tournement and got to speak to many
tennis players including Chris Evert and Martina. All this makes me a
better person, right?

Old February 23rd 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

Default Scottie Sighting

On Feb 21, 9:00 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:

See: you nicely confirm what I said.

After taking me to task for the "libel" of stating what I believe,
you've nicely avoided any mention of Scotty's continual stream of
accusations that others have stalked him and threatened him and
committed (direct quote) "scores of felonies".

Well, Jeff: what will you say about those things?

I'm ashamed
the Vice President is from Wyoming and he's my neighbor.

Probably not as ashamed as he would be of you. By the way does, he
live in a Winnebago in a parking lot, too?

So I say Fowler is an ex-Navy SEAL, and Cheney graduated from NCHS.
Show me where Abraham published this SEAL ****. C'uz I know real ones.
And Scott has never claimed to be a Navy SEAL to me.

Who doesn't? My uncle (you know a brother of one my parents) was the
chief legal officer for the Joint Chiefs, you know - the ones in
Washington - He is retired now but he argued several cases before the
Supreme Court and was instrumental in the Start I Treaty Negotiations.
He also designed the "Poison Pill" strategy for preventing hostile
takeovers after he retired to the military.

Why don't you come to New York sometime little boi and we'll teach you
how the real world operates.

PS: I also had a nice conversation with the Chairman of the Joint
Chiefs at the time. But I guess that position isn't as important as
being a professional ski bum with a lousy driving record.

Old February 24th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Clarencedarrow wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
Yabahoobs wrote:
On Feb 22, 5:12 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
Sven Golly wrote:

I think he fishes, hunts and jetskis a little. I don't know anything
about Fred Gwynne.

I've yet to meet a professional athelete active in the NFL or MLB that
didn't have a, "No Skiing," Clause in their contract.

Is this where you claim to have personally meet a few active NFL / MLB
players ?

Ooooh, I forgot. I met Ernie Banks and Rosey Grier at the La Canada Country
Club and talked to Steve Garvey on the phone. Yes, indeed, I've led a rich,
full life...

I got into the NY Yankee Clubhouse in 1964. A friend of mine's father
worked with Clete Boyer on Shirt Endorsements. I met Mickey Mantle,
Roger Maris, Bobby Richardson, Joe Pepitone, Yogi Berra, Jim Bouton,
Hector Lopez, Elston Howard etc. In fact I also lived just a 1/2 mile
away from Ralph Houk the manager. Does this make me important?

Most certainly, but I think Judge Sirica trumps everybody. I'm sorry to say
that I recognize only half of those names. My mom would know them, though.
She's the only sports fan in the entire family.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the
Old February 24th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article .com,
Richard Henry wrote:

Actually, it's lift we're talking about, Thrust is something else
The plane is upside down, and yet it flies.

Ailerons you incredibly stupid ****ing argumentative idiot.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 24th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:

I reinserted it for you.

What? My dick in your ass?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 24th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Feb 24, 3:42 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article .com,

Richard Henry wrote:

Actually, it's lift we're talking about, Thrust is something else
The plane is upside down, and yet it flies.

Ailerons you incredibly stupid ****ing argumentative idiot.

Ailerons? I didn't realize the FA18 had the capability of
uncoordinated aileron control, but it is fly-by-wire machine, so
maybe. Quoting wikipedia article on ailerons: "ailerons are
interconnected so that one goes down when the other goes up". In
other words, they make the plane roll, sometimes to smooth out a turn,
sometimes all the way over for aerobatic or combat maneuvers.

I expected you to look it up (or ask your pilot buddies) and respond
with a correct answer as if you knew it all along, like "angle of
attack" or "an engine powerful enough to fly a barn door".

Old February 24th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Feb 24, 3:44 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:

I reinserted it for you.

What? My dick in your ass?

I noticed Scott is not sending any abuse this weekend. Are you
subbing in for him?

Old February 24th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Jeff Davis wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:

Actually, it's lift we're talking about, Thrust is something else
The plane is upside down, and yet it flies.

Ailerons you incredibly stupid ****ing argumentative idiot.

"I'm sorry, this is the Argument Department. You want Abuse -- it's just
down the hall to the right."

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old February 24th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

Actually, it's lift we're talking about, Thrust is something else
The plane is upside down, and yet it flies.

Ailerons you incredibly stupid ****ing argumentative idiot.

Ailerons? I didn't realize the FA18 had the capability of
uncoordinated aileron control, but it is fly-by-wire machine, so
maybe. Quoting wikipedia article on ailerons: "ailerons are
interconnected so that one goes down when the other goes up". In
other words, they make the plane roll, sometimes to smooth out a turn,
sometimes all the way over for aerobatic or combat maneuvers.

I expected you to look it up (or ask your pilot buddies) and respond
with a correct answer as if you knew it all along, like "angle of
attack" or "an engine powerful enough to fly a barn door".

Our Parisian hosts took us to a model aircraft airshow. The hit of the show
was a model plane shaped like a flatiron. Flew perfectly well, but clumsily.

--
Cheers, Bev
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
Old February 25th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
Sven Golly wrote:

(Jeff Davis) wrote in
:

Ailerons you incredibly stupid ****ing argumentative idiot.

Oh man, are you you going to call him a "gifted-troublemaker" too