What's good at Tahoe right now?

Old April 9th 04, 10:50 PM
David

Default What's good at Tahoe right now?

Is there any good snow near Tahoe now? Where?

Also what Tahoe locations are typically good over Memorial Day weekend?

Thx.
David

Old April 11th 04, 04:23 PM
Brian

From what I hear most of the resorts are closing early this year. There's
still reasonably good snow coverage, but the crowds just aren't there.
Alpine Meadows typically has excellent spring skiing/boarding, but even
they'll be closing soon. Squaw Valley has said they'll stay open, but of
course its only the bottom half of the mountain.

FWIW

Brian.

Old April 12th 04, 09:55 PM
David

"og" wrote in message ...
Kirkwood will not be open on Memorial day.

Too bad. IIRC, it's one of Tahoe's highest (maybe the highest). We may be done for the
season.

My daughter broke her arm 1 1/2 weeks ago at Mt Bachelor, and we were hoping
we could ride again after she gets her cast off. The snow conditions we had experienced
near Tahoe just prior to our Bachelor trip weren't great though. Can't go back to
Bachelor for Memorial day. Not sure Tahoe will an appealing choice then.

Thanks guys.

Old April 16th 04, 11:54 AM
PJ4LIFE

Don't know. But I can tell you Breckenridge, CO is SICK right now. I've been
up their once a week for the last month and it's awesome. Full coverage and
the whole mtn is open. Freestyle Terrain park 8 OWNS. Can't wait til next
weeks episode.... MoJo flows super HIGH

Old April 16th 04, 08:01 PM
Chad

"David" wrote in message
Is there any good snow near Tahoe now? Where?

Also what Tahoe locations are typically good over Memorial Day weekend?

Thx.
David

I would not risk Kirkwood, it gets super windy. Its worth the extra
drive to Mammoth, if your going once... I used to work there-- ask how
to get to the "noids"
Old April 19th 04, 12:40 PM
og

If it's windy at Kirkwood it WILL be windy at Mammoth. I was talking to
some locals at Mammoth and I forget what they call the prevailing wind there
but you can count on winds at 11k feet.

OBTW KIrkwood is open weekends through Memorial day. First time in a
number of years.

"Chad" wrote in message
om...

Old April 20th 04, 02:12 PM
Chad

"og" wrote in message ...
If it's windy at Kirkwood it WILL be windy at Mammoth. I was talking to
some locals at Mammoth and I forget what they call the prevailing wind there
but you can count on winds at 11k feet.

OBTW KIrkwood is open weekends through Memorial day. First time in a
number of years.

"Chad" wrote in message
om...

"David" wrote in message
Is there any good snow near Tahoe now? Where?

Also what Tahoe locations are typically good over Memorial Day

weekend?

Thx.
David

I would not risk Kirkwood, it gets super windy. Its worth the extra
drive to Mammoth, if your going once... I used to work there-- ask how
to get to the "noids"

Winds can get up to 200mph there. They have an automatic shutoff for
the gondola at 80mph, which is actually pretty high. The wind is
obviously worst at top but once your off the top its not as bad.

Tahoe Trip Mike M. Miskulin Snowboarding 3 March 28th 04 01:19 AM
Anyone for Tahoe? panther Snowboarding 0 March 27th 04 07:01 PM
lucky guys in Tahoe Mike M. Miskulin Snowboarding 7 March 3rd 04 09:55 PM
Snowboarding schools in Tahoe browse Snowboarding 3 February 5th 04 04:00 PM
Good snowboarding website to study technique Shane Mitchell Snowboarding 2 January 20th 04 04:18 AM