What happened (long)

Old September 13th 06, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

Default What happened (long)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:27:53 +0100, Lozzo wrote:

Ace says...
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:04:53 +0100, "Vass"
wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
.. .

good to see you back :-)

........and the bike?

No idea. Don't even know where it is. Looked like it was just plastic
and the rear end, so probably repairable. But I don't really GAF, to
be perfectly honest.

If you're not that bothered, I'll have it off you for a tenner, and I'll
even collect.

OK, you just arrange it all with the insurance. As long as they pay me
market rate you're welcome to it.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old September 13th 06, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Cab

Le Dieu wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
So, I'm barrelling along a lovely country road on my way to work -
long straight followed by tight right-hander, so lots of beans being
applied.

Harrowing tale snipped.

Wow.

Thanks Ace, you've helped me make up my mind to sell my bike. Wife
and kids very pleased.

Wuss.

--
Cab :^) - argue's like a girl
GSX 1400
Old September 13th 06, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
flash

Ken wrote:
If this is the way you ride a bike, i would strongly advise you to give it
up now, before you get killed.

Blimey, are Swiss Traffic laws really that harsh?

Old September 13th 06, 10:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Warrell

Thanks for the full story. It brings to mind those slow-mo videos from
Superbike racing but with the road furniture and the possibility of oncoming
traffic. Congratulations on surviving to tell the tale. Hope to see you back
on the slopes in the Spring.

GWS

Warrell

Old September 13th 06, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Buzby

So, I'm barrelling along a lovely country road on my way to work -
long straight followed by tight right-hander, so lots of beans being
applied. This is a nice road and I'm enjoying the ride in, but somehow
I get sucked into it. Mistake #1.

snip

You lucky lucky ****er.

Couldn't agree more.

GWS

Likewise.

Old September 13th 06, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
darsy

Ace wrote:

nasty but relatively survivable, the damn thing stoppies, dead
straight, and flips me straight over the top.

actually, are you sure it was the tyres? Could have been Des lurking
at the side of the road waiting to shove a scaffolding pole between
the spokes of your front wheel.

--
d.
Old September 13th 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:40:36 +0100, "Buzby" wrote:

So, I'm barrelling along a lovely country road on my way to work -
long straight followed by tight right-hander, so lots of beans being
applied. This is a nice road and I'm enjoying the ride in, but somehow
I get sucked into it. Mistake #1.

snip

You lucky lucky ****er.

Couldn't agree more.

Y'see, I think he was *unlucky*.

--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
My advice as your attorney is to buy a motorcycle
Old September 13th 06, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Lozzo

Champ says...
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:40:36 +0100, "Buzby" wrote:

So, I'm barrelling along a lovely country road on my way to work -
long straight followed by tight right-hander, so lots of beans being
applied. This is a nice road and I'm enjoying the ride in, but somehow
I get sucked into it. Mistake #1.

snip

You lucky lucky ****er.

Couldn't agree more.

Y'see, I think he was *unlucky*.

I like to think positive.

--
Lozzo
Triumph Daytona 955i SE (Black with added black bits)
Old September 13th 06, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:54:25 +0100, Lozzo wrote:

Champ says...
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:40:36 +0100, "Buzby" wrote:

So, I'm barrelling along a lovely country road on my way to work -
long straight followed by tight right-hander, so lots of beans being
applied. This is a nice road and I'm enjoying the ride in, but somehow
I get sucked into it. Mistake #1.

snip

You lucky lucky ****er.

Couldn't agree more.