optimism!

Old October 3rd 03, 01:44 PM
PG

Default optimism!

There's optimism for you... barely into October, and they were testing
the snow cannons at Les Arcs 1600 all day yesterday. And snow forecast
down to 1000m over the weekend......

Pete
www.grasski.org

Old October 3rd 03, 02:22 PM
Simon Brown

17C for next Wednesday :-) Who needs snow so early?
--
Simon Brown, Postfach 159, CH-7031 Laax
www.hb9drv.ch

Old October 3rd 03, 04:20 PM
Ian Spare

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:44:27 +0200, "PG"
wrote:

There's optimism for you... barely into October, and they were testing
the snow cannons at Les Arcs 1600 all day yesterday. And snow forecast
down to 1000m over the weekend......

it's hard to see that, it's 14.1'c here in Morillon at 1100 right now
(1810 Friday). Warmer than last weekend in fact.

Old October 3rd 03, 11:40 PM
Alex Heney

wrote:

There's optimism for you... barely into October, and they were testing
the snow cannons at Les Arcs 1600 all day yesterday. And snow forecast
down to 1000m over the weekend......

it's hard to see that, it's 14.1'c here in Morillon at 1100 right now
(1810 Friday). Warmer than last weekend in fact.

And yet there has been snow in Scotland this week! (Not enough to be
any use, of course).

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
What am I doing out of bed!?!?

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old October 4th 03, 11:11 AM
Ian Spare

wrote:

There's optimism for you... barely into October, and they were testing
the snow cannons at Les Arcs 1600 all day yesterday. And snow forecast
down to 1000m over the weekend......

it's hard to see that, it's 14.1'c here in Morillon at 1100 right now
(1810 Friday). Warmer than last weekend in fact.

And yet there has been snow in Scotland this week! (Not enough to be
any use, of course).

The tempaerature has dropped, it's down to 10' now, there may have
been some snow higher up but it's foggy now and I can't see more than
200m

Ian
Old October 4th 03, 05:49 PM
David Off

Ian Spare wrote:

The tempaerature has dropped, it's down to 10' now, there may have
been some snow higher up but it's foggy now and I can't see more than
200m

lots of snow in the Alsace, I'm sure Bruce will give us an update

Old October 4th 03, 07:23 PM
Richard Crapp

In article , David
Off writes
Ian Spare wrote:

The tempaerature has dropped, it's down to 10' now, there may have
been some snow higher up but it's foggy now and I can't see more than
200m

lots of snow in the Alsace, I'm sure Bruce will give us an update

An E-mail friend tells me there is lots of snow on the South island of
New Zealand if any one fancies a diversion on the way to
Val D Isere.....

--
Richard Crapp
Old October 5th 03, 08:38 AM
Nigel

Yep, the kiwis got dumped on bigtime in the last week of the season so
most of the resorts have extended there season a week or two .

Nigel

Richard Crapp wrote:
In article , David
Off writes

Old October 5th 03, 08:52 AM
InMyTree

Same deal with the Australian resorts.. some of the best conditions all
season now..

"Nigel" wrote in message
Yep, the kiwis got dumped on bigtime in the last week of the season so
most of the resorts have extended there season a week or two .

Nigel

Richard Crapp wrote:
In article , David
Off writes

Old October 5th 03, 10:21 AM
Ian Spare

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 19:49:14 +0200, David Off
wrote:

Ian Spare wrote:

The tempaerature has dropped, it's down to 10' now, there may have
been some snow higher up but it's foggy now and I can't see more than
200m

lots of snow in the Alsace, I'm sure Bruce will give us an update

actually it has been snowing here, it's still on the ground at around
1200m.

oh... in fact.. it's snowing right now again

Ian