Work in the alps

Old October 19th 04, 11:44 PM
Fishstick

Default Work in the alps

Hey ppl

just found this newsgroup, and it seems to me like there are mostly american
users here... but anyway, if there are any european guys here, maybe you can
help me...

My friends are going to St. Anton in late november to work there... my
problem is that I have a job contract at home(sweden) until 23 dec... is it
possible/easy to find work that late? and find a place to live... Some
people I've spoken to says to go after newyears, as many people are let go
after the holidays...

Any experience and/or tips?

Thanks
//Fish

Old October 20th 04, 04:58 AM
PG

"Fishstick" wrote in message
| Hey ppl
|
| just found this newsgroup, and it seems to me like there are mostly
american
| users here... but anyway, if there are any european guys here, maybe
you can
| help me...

?? Don't what gives you that impression, they're mostly Brits....

| My friends are going to St. Anton in late november to work there... my
| problem is that I have a job contract at home(sweden) until 23 dec...
is it
| possible/easy to find work that late? and find a place to live... Some
| people I've spoken to says to go after newyears, as many people are
let go
| after the holidays...
|
| Any experience and/or tips?

Check out www.natives.co.uk

Pete
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net

Old October 20th 04, 08:33 AM
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Fishstick :
Hey ppl

just found this newsgroup, and it seems to me like there are mostly american
users here...

I'm not sure how you figured that one out. As far as I can tell, there
are very few Americans here; all the regulars are, I think, European.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old October 20th 04, 09:07 AM
MoonMan

Adrian D. Shaw wrote:
Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Fishstick :
Hey ppl

just found this newsgroup, and it seems to me like there are mostly
american users here...

I'm not sure how you figured that one out. As far as I can tell, there
are very few Americans here; all the regulars are, I think, European.

He just copied the post he put on RSA, from where he was directed here.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old October 20th 04, 10:33 AM
Fishstick

"MoonMan" wrote in message
Adrian D. Shaw wrote:
Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Fishstick :
Hey ppl

just found this newsgroup, and it seems to me like there are mostly
american users here...

I'm not sure how you figured that one out. As far as I can tell, there
are very few Americans here; all the regulars are, I think, European.

He just copied the post he put on RSA, from where he was directed here.

Yeah... sorry about that... didn't remeber that I mentioned that in the
other group... my bad...

Old October 20th 04, 11:02 AM
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Fishstick :
my bad...

Your bad what? Or is that American too?!

Adrian

Old October 20th 04, 12:51 PM
Fishstick

"Adrian D. Shaw" wrote in message
Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Fishstick :
my bad...

Your bad what? Or is that American too?!

Adrian

ok, my mistake... i screwed up

Old October 20th 04, 01:04 PM
Simon Brown

"Fishstick" wrote in message

"Adrian D. Shaw" wrote in message
Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Fishstick :
my bad...

Your bad what? Or is that American too?!

Adrian

ok, my mistake... i screwed up

Now that *is* American :-)
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old October 20th 04, 05:59 PM
Nigel

I wouldnt go on the 24th Dec. Everything is shut & the Austrians wont
appreciate you knocking on there doors asking for work.

It is best left till after New Year. The Hirers chuck out all the dead wood
employees .

Even late November is late for St Anton . There are alot of regular return
SkiBums who scoop up the good jobs , cheap apartments ( that wil be yor
bigggest problem) .

I know quite a few locals who hire (good jobs.pay & accom) St Anton but
sorry im not going to tell anyone here :-)

Old October 21st 04, 11:37 AM
Fishstick

I wouldnt go on the 24th Dec. Everything is shut & the Austrians wont
appreciate you knocking on there doors asking for work.

It is best left till after New Year. The Hirers chuck out all the dead
wood
employees .

Even late November is late for St Anton . There are alot of regular return
SkiBums who scoop up the good jobs , cheap apartments ( that wil be yor
bigggest problem) .

Thanks for the feedback... just what I was looking for... I think I'll
follow your advice, and spend the holidays at home... and leave early in
january...

I know quite a few locals who hire (good jobs.pay & accom) St Anton but
sorry im not going to tell anyone here :-)

Some of us are lucky I understand why you don't want to post contacts
here.. those poor people would get thousands of calls

reactive force in Classic striding Ken Roberts Nordic Skiing 5 August 10th 04 05:44 PM
Discover the Transylvanian Alps! Montania European Ski Resorts 0 June 23rd 04 12:26 PM
Does April = Winter for compulsory snowchains in French Alps Séan European Ski Resorts 19 March 11th 04 07:45 PM
alpine work Roy European Ski Resorts 0 October 2nd 03 05:43 PM
Work and traning Bob Creasote Nordic Skiing 4 October 2nd 03 04:48 AM