Mobile phones

Old December 16th 04, 02:12 PM
Clive Perry

Default Mobile phones

I shall be driving to Bourg Saint Maurice on Saturday, hopefully into the
snow that uis forecast.

Just wondering what the law is in France for use of mobiles and hands free
equipment is?

Thanks

Clive

Old December 16th 04, 02:34 PM
Ace

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:12:53 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Perry"
wrote:

I shall be driving to Bourg Saint Maurice on Saturday, hopefully into the
snow that uis forecast.

Just wondering what the law is in France for use of mobiles and hands free
equipment is?

Pretty much the same as the UK, I believe - nobody takes a blind bit
of notice of the law in either country.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 16th 04, 03:06 PM
scorpioen

Clive Perry wrote:

I shall be driving to Bourg Saint Maurice on Saturday, hopefully into the
snow that uis forecast.

Just wondering what the law is in France for use of mobiles and hands free
equipment is?

CODE DE LA ROUTE Article R412-6-1

"L'usage d'un téléphone tenu en main par le conducteur d'un véhicule en
circulation est interdit."

scorpioen
Old December 16th 04, 03:20 PM
Rob White

3 penalty points and 100euro fine for not skking hands free. Instant
incareration if you are caught on the phone and boarding.

Rob

Old December 16th 04, 05:46 PM
john elgy

Rob White wrote:

3 penalty points and 100euro fine for not skking hands free. Instant
incareration if you are caught on the phone and boarding.

Rob

Are you allowed to use them on chairlifts (or even worse telecabins)?
Should you be stationary with skis removed?

Are the penalty points stamped on your liftpass? How many points are
required for a ban?

John