salomon equipe 10 3V bindings

Old February 2nd 05, 10:15 PM

Default salomon equipe 10 3V bindings

Hi,
I want to buy a new set of salomon equipe 10 3V's (model 04/05) via
internet. Bindings will be S812's and not attached to the ski's yet. My
question is whether there are already predrilled holes in the ski, or
that "real" drilling must be done. If real drilling must be done, is a
mould really necessary?
Tanks, Mark

Old February 2nd 05, 10:31 PM

Hi,

it's not the money why I ask it. If a mould is necessary I could run
into problems because the bindings (and the ski's) are not sold in the
Netherlands. And I guess if both items are not sold here, the moulds
won't be available too. But if the ski is already predrilled the
mounting is much more simple and can be done at any place.

Old February 3rd 05, 04:24 AM
Jim Strohm

Sven Golly wrote:

Jimbo, there are a lot of skis that have dimples for the bindings now. IF
you are careful, you can do it yourself. Especially if there are no shops
around.

Zactamundo. As long as the holes you drill are square enough and to the
right depth, and not wallowed out so much that the screws won't hold.

If I had $20 in a pair of skis, I'd mount my own bindings rather than
pay somebody else $40 to do it. Then again, I have quite a bit more
than $40 worth of homeowner tools and mechanical skills at my disposal.

No oficial ski vise, but ... a vise or two of other kinds.

Sometimes, it's money ahead to pay a pro to do a relatively simple task
like putting bindings on skis. Like ... ever replaced the exhaust
system on your car, single-handedly?

For my part, if I'd rather trade an hour of my work for an hour of a ski
tech's work and not have to ever worry about ski or binding failure, I
think that's an okay trade, especially when I'm in the usual mode of
money/no time or time/no money.

Remember -- "Skiing will get you through times of no money better than
money will get you through times of no skiing."

Jimintexus

with a tip of the Stetson to Freewheelin' Franklin