montage mountain

Old December 6th 04, 08:56 PM

Default montage mountain

When I look at a trail map of Montage, it looks like there are only
expert trails on the bottom half of the mountain. Are there
novice/intermediate trails that go from top to bottom for some nice
long runs?

Old December 8th 04, 05:55 AM
desmondo desmondo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
When I look at a trail map of Montage, it looks like there are only
expert trails on the bottom half of the mountain. Are there
novice/intermediate trails that go from top to bottom for some nice
long runs?
Mark, if you've been skiing for any amount of time, these expert trails shouldn't give you much reason for a pause. If you've been to New England or the West, these experts would be comparable to a fairly easy intermediate. If you're a beginner with very little experience, just take it slow and make your turns.

I went to Montage once for some night skiing and was at the mid-mountain liftline about to head to the bottom portion of the hill when I saw about a dozen people running up the mountain with their skis on (a very humorous sight, I assure you). Unfortunately, their reason for running was a bear! Even less fortunate for the bear, they had to put him down.
Old December 8th 04, 03:47 PM
Brian Sniatkowski

They are not 'expert' trails. They are rated 'most difficult', which
means the difficulty in relation to the other trails on the mountain.
This is the way all ski areas in the US rate their trails, meaning what
is a black diamond at one mountain could conceivably be a green circle
at another.

That being said, the black diamonds at Montage are quite tame. They are
similar to easy blues at most larger resorts.