Watching Janne's videos - is there a player with slow motion?

Old December 20th 03, 07:00 AM
Erik Brooks

Default Watching Janne's videos - is there a player with slow motion?

I've been watching the videos that Janne posts, and they are great.
Thanks Janne!

I'd like to see them in slow motion, especially with a 'single frame
advance', or whatever it's called.

I'm using a player called DivX, which seems fine to simply view the
video, but doesn't seem to have this option.

Can someone recommend another player that does this?

Thanks!

Erik Brooks,
Seattle

Old December 20th 03, 09:21 AM
Tomas Bystrom

In article 004501c3c6c6$59b42bb0$6501a8c0@Merlin, Erik Brooks wrote:
I'd like to see them in slow motion, especially with a 'single frame
advance', or whatever it's called.

While not a player, I think VirtualDub will do what you need - look at
http://www.virtualdub.org/

/Tomas

--
Caps and foobar are normally not parts of my address.
Old December 21st 03, 06:41 PM
Jim Grau

I've also been using VirtualDub for just this purpose and it works
quite well. The forward and backward arrow keys will advance and
backup frame by frame, and it's easy to just tap the forward arrow
repeatedly to get a super slow motion over some interesting frames.

-Jim

Old December 22nd 03, 03:44 PM
Mike

While not a player, I think VirtualDub will do what you need - look at
http://www.virtualdub.org/

I just downloaded VirtualDub - it's a great tool! I just used it to
view a Swenson video in slow-mo: I could move frame-by-frame really
easily, and quickly fast-forward to pass the less interesting parts.

Great recommendation.
Mike
Old December 23rd 03, 07:32 AM
Erik Brooks

My thanks too! I just tried it, and it does what I want and more -
the ability to go backwards and forwards should prove useful, too.

I'm glad I asked the question. Is this newsgroup a great source or
what?

Thanks again,
Erik Brooks