In Search of 4-bedroom condo in and around Mammoth for New Year's Eve

Old October 15th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default In Search of 4-bedroom condo in and around Mammoth for New Year'sEve

wrote:
I'm looking for a 4-bedroom condo in and around Mammoth (CA) for New
Year's Eve. I don't know where to start my search, so any advice would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
phreeskier (at) gmail (dot) com

Any particular reason you want a condo? There's a slew of cheap motels
in town, and a free ski shuttle bus. Skiing shouldn't be expensive.

Book a motel now; cancel if you find your condo - don't make your ski
days dependent on condo-ing.

The town used to host two hostel operations; Mammoth was a very cheap
place to ski in those days. Good group of regulars at the hostels, too,
and some nice evenings around the fireplace, but mostly it was about the
skiing. Oh well; not much has improved in skiing, and much has been
lost. Enjoy your ski days while you can.
Old October 15th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:51:31 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

There's always impatience with someone who apparently didn't bother to
do his homework before raising his hand to ask a question the answer to
which was thoroughly covered in the book. A better request would have
been "I've googled all morning, but I'd like some personal opinions from
a group of obviously intelligent experts..."

Now you see. You are being reasonable, again. That's why people hate
you.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old October 15th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

wrote this crap:

There's always impatience with someone who apparently didn't bother to
do his homework before raising his hand to ask a question the answer to
which was thoroughly covered in the book. A better request would have
been "I've googled all morning, but I'd like some personal opinions from
a group of obviously intelligent experts..."

Now you see. You are being reasonable, again. That's why people hate
you.

That's not why I hate her. I hate her because she's always right.
Grrrrrr! I hate that!!!
Old October 15th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:29:21 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote this crap:

Now you see. You are being reasonable, again. That's why people hate
you.

That's not why I hate her. I hate her because she's always right.
Grrrrrr! I hate that!!!

Heh Heh Heh. Nobody likes that.
I hope you are carrying a mighty sword.

Old October 15th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
The Real Bev wrote:

C'mon guys. He's got an honest, on-topic, question. He may have been
overwhelmed by the sheer number of sites out there and hoping someone
said something like "just call Bev at XYZ Realty and tell her what you
want..." Or something like that.

Hey, are you trying to call me a sniff REAL ESTATE PERSON?

Oops! I meant to use a "random" name, and yours sort of just popped
into my head. The same thing happened last night. I was... playing
ping pong... with my wife and when I should have said her name, I said
yours instead. Oops.

There's always impatience with someone who apparently didn't bother to
do his homework before raising his hand to ask a question the answer to
which was thoroughly covered in the book. A better request would have
been "I've googled all morning, but I'd like some personal opinions from
a group of obviously intelligent experts..."

That's hard to argue with.

Fortunately, I enjoy a good challenge.

Ladies and gentlemen of the worldwide usenets, I'm just a simple
snowboarder living on a tiny island in the meddle of the Pacific Ocean,
but the American interwebs have long been a source of pride in our great
nation, stretching back to the Hudsen Bay Trading Company ISP Blankets
and IP packeted beaverpelts to the American Onlines of today we have
always welcomed newcomers as fellow netizens to our fidonets and MUDS.

Much like our current financial crisis was trigger by a Japanese tourist
who didn't have exact change for giant turkey leg at a renaissance fair
in Clarksville, TN thus triggering a cascade of events that resulted in
the failure of the world's largest banks and a 700 Brazilian dollar
bailout at the expense of the "little people." (and and you 99.999% know
who you are) - the current dearth of common courtesy can all be traced
back to a set of discount lift tickets originally given to an RSA member
to promote good will and harmony, it was consequently bended, folded,
spindled, and possibly mutilated, and ultimately lead up to the USA led
"Worldwide Uninational Coalition of the USA" into war against Saddam
Hussein in Iraq. Along the way, civil discourse suffered, and I think a
part of the (as the french say) "le stuff" that made us such a tight
knit community was lost.

So I call on all of you... all of us... to be better, to be more
forgiving, more understanding, and, dare I say, more betterer. Because
as a usenet group, we can all be more betterer, whether through the
concomitant discussion of the "issues of the particularly touchy and
thin skinned male" to the successful mastery of "Tai Chi Skiing," to
finally admitting once and for all that Charles Winninger was THE
definitive "Cap'n Andy" in "Showboat," we can all come together in
peace, harmony, and (not so fast Britski!) the American way!

Some people have snow -- the *******s. It's shorts weather here (along
with the fires, of course) and I'm still picking cherry tomatoes. At
least I didn't have to turn on the AC today.

Hawaii is shrouded in Vog today (a combination of fog and volcano smoke)
and our spectacular swell of yesterday is now a horrid, disorganized,
tourist eating mess. You think you have problems? *I* have problems.

Easy to be grouchy.

Just think of it as one more thing that you're good at.
Old October 15th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

wrote this crap:

Now you see. You are being reasonable, again. That's why people hate
you.

That's not why I hate her. I hate her because she's always right.
Grrrrrr! I hate that!!!

Heh Heh Heh. Nobody likes that.
I hope you are carrying a mighty sword.

I fear the heat from the bonfires of the tiny gremlins who power this
MacBook Air have melted my mighty sword into a ingot the size and shape
of smallish dried apricot. It can be reforged into a mighty sword
again, can't it?
Old October 15th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Dave Cartman wrote:

In article ,
The Real Bev wrote:

C'mon guys. He's got an honest, on-topic, question. He may have been
overwhelmed by the sheer number of sites out there and hoping someone
said something like "just call Bev at XYZ Realty and tell her what you
want..." Or something like that.

Hey, are you trying to call me a sniff REAL ESTATE PERSON?

Oops! I meant to use a "random" name, and yours sort of just popped
into my head. The same thing happened last night. I was... playing
ping pong... with my wife and when I should have said her name, I said
yours instead. Oops.

Hmmm. I assume you told her I have 5 grandchildren and live far far
away in Lala Land.

[...]

Excellent. Save that for when you run for Congress. I'd tone down the
"Showboat" stuff, though -- there are certain racial problems that don't
bear close inspection. "Chicago". Yeah, that's the ticket. Salt of
the earth, broad-shouldered hog-butcher to the world. As much as I love
Gwen Verdon (I saw her 6 times, live, in Damn Yankees), I don't think
it's possible to improve on Catherine Zeta-Jones and Queen Latifah.

Some people have snow -- the *******s. It's shorts weather here (along
with the fires, of course) and I'm still picking cherry tomatoes. At
least I didn't have to turn on the AC today.

Hawaii is shrouded in Vog today (a combination of fog and volcano smoke)
and our spectacular swell of yesterday is now a horrid, disorganized,
tourist eating mess. You think you have problems? *I* have problems.

You mean that in Hawaii in tourist season you CAN kill and eat them?

Easy to be grouchy.

Just think of it as one more thing that you're good at.

You have a way of putting things in a different light. Now stop it.

--
Cheers, Bev
As the shopper placed her groceries on the checkout stand, the
Old October 15th 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:13:44 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote this crap:

Heh Heh Heh. Nobody likes that.
I hope you are carrying a mighty sword.

I fear the heat from the bonfires of the tiny gremlins who power this
MacBook Air have melted my mighty sword into a ingot the size and shape
of smallish dried apricot. It can be reforged into a mighty sword
again, can't it?

We are Americans. We have always overcome mighty obstacles. Did we
give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? (It's from a movie.)

When the town of Bastogne was surrounded by six panzer divisions, the
commander was asked for terms of surrender. He replied that he didn't
have facilities for their surrender. The German envoy was stunned,
and said that they wanted his surrender. General Macaullife said,
"NUTS." That's the American spirit.

Never give up. Never surrender. Reforge your sword, or buy a new
one. Strike down your enemies.

And vote for John McCain, a true American hero.

Old October 16th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
The Real Bev wrote:

Hmmm. I assume you told her I have 5 grandchildren and live far far
away in Lala Land.

Pretty much. I told her it was purely physical but you mean nothing to
me.

(snip a lot of my own nonsense)

Excellent. Save that for when you run for Congress. I'd tone down the
"Showboat" stuff, though -- there are certain racial problems that don't
bear close inspection. "Chicago". Yeah, that's the ticket. Salt of
the earth, broad-shouldered hog-butcher to the world. As much as I love
Gwen Verdon (I saw her 6 times, live, in Damn Yankees), I don't think
it's possible to improve on Catherine Zeta-Jones and Queen Latifah.

First Erik, and now you!!! I, errrr, uhhhh, Catherine Zeta-Jones was
pretty awesome in that. Dare I say... "definitive?"

You mean that in Hawaii in tourist season you CAN kill and eat them?

It's really a lot more work than it sounds. You ever try to clean a
cruise ship passeger? And they mostly just cook down to nothing.
That's why it's easier to get the tourist nuggets at Costco.

Easy to be grouchy.

Just think of it as one more thing that you're good at.

You have a way of putting things in a different light. Now stop it.

I'm a regular Polly Anna, I am. Spreading the sunshine and cheer where
ever I go

Dave
Old October 16th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Dave Cartman wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Hmmm. I assume you told her I have 5 grandchildren and live far far
away in Lala Land.

Pretty much. I told her it was purely physical but you mean nothing to
me.

So you've done this before. Trying to keep her on her toes...or something?

Excellent. Save that for when you run for Congress. I'd tone down the
"Showboat" stuff, though -- there are certain racial problems that don't
bear close inspection. "Chicago". Yeah, that's the ticket. Salt of
the earth, broad-shouldered hog-butcher to the world. As much as I love
Gwen Verdon (I saw her 6 times, live, in Damn Yankees), I don't think
it's possible to improve on Catherine Zeta-Jones and Queen Latifah.

First Erik, and now you!!! I, errrr, uhhhh, Catherine Zeta-Jones was
pretty awesome in that. Dare I say... "definitive?"

Didn't you say that about Cap'n Andy? Still, it's a good word.

When I was a kid I saw all the big-name shows (starting with The King
And I up through 1961) with big-name stars. Multiple times. I was an
usher at the Los Angeles Philharmonic Auditorium (which is now a parking
lot across from Pershing Square). I used to have autographed programs,
but somehow they've all disappeared.

You mean that in Hawaii in tourist season you CAN kill and eat them?

It's really a lot more work than it sounds. You ever try to clean a
cruise ship passeger? And they mostly just cook down to nothing.

I suppose that's because of all the fat.

That's why it's easier to get the tourist nuggets at Costco.

Never seen those, I'll have to look next time I go. After all, we have
Hollywood tourists who are probably all from DesMoines. Corn-fed. Yum.
BTW, did you know that there's a Costco in Tijuana? It's close to the
jai lai fronton.

--
Cheers, Bev
"The primary purpose of any government entity