Mt. Rose Chutes

Old September 19th 04, 01:29 PM
Tommy T.

Default Mt. Rose Chutes

What's the opinion? A chair and no ski patrol hassles in the Mt. Rose
chutes this year. It this a great opportunity or a great loss?

Tommy T.

Old September 20th 04, 07:20 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old September 22nd 04, 07:56 AM
response3

"Tommy T." wrote in message news:yQf3d.1832$uz1.1748@trndny03...
What's the opinion? A chair and no ski patrol hassles in the Mt. Rose
chutes this year. It this a great opportunity or a great loss?

Tommy T.

Great opportunity. I'll track out fast, but then again, what good run
doesn't on a powder day? There's always other places to go once that
happens.
Old September 27th 04, 07:36 PM
klaus

response3 wrote:

I'll track out fast, but then again, what good run
doesn't on a powder day?

I thought the definition of a good run included that it didn't get
tracked out fast.

-klaus

Old September 27th 04, 08:29 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old September 27th 04, 09:08 PM
klaus

Booker C. Bense bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Sep.27.04@telemark. slac.stanford.edu wrote:
klaus wrote:
response3 wrote:

I'll track out fast, but then again, what good run
doesn't on a powder day?

I thought the definition of a good run included that it didn't get
tracked out fast.

_ Then there are no good runs at any California ski resort,
or pretty much any resort I've been to in the last five years.

Check. All true.

Heck even the runs you have to hike to get tracked out an hour
or two after the gates open.

Not always. There's a few I'm thinking of that don't.

Fat skis have made everybody
into a powder hero...

.... in their own mind.

-klaus

Old September 27th 04, 11:06 PM
Tommy T.

"Ed Huesers" wrote The advice I get is "lean back
when in powder so your tips don't get
hooked".

Lean back and you'll turn to the heel side.

Tommy T.

Old September 27th 04, 11:10 PM
Ed Huesers

Booker wrote:
Fat skis have made everybody into a powder hero...

Heh, then there was the time the snow turned into a trampoline when
using my Hexcel Split Tails.
The advice I get is "lean back when in powder so your tips don't get
hooked".

Ed[not following advice]Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com