Cheap Ski clothes for kids?

Old December 20th 04, 07:27 AM
Brien

Default Cheap Ski clothes for kids?

Anyone got any ideas on this?

We're in the UK and need to cloth two girls (2 and 4 years of age).

Where does all the second hand ski gear go? Surely it gets passed around
somewhere, or does it just get left to rot away in draws?

Looking forward to hearing any tips,

Brien
Old December 23rd 04, 07:45 PM
Sue

In message , Brien
writes
Anyone got any ideas on this?

We're in the UK and need to cloth two girls (2 and 4 years of age).

Where does all the second hand ski gear go? Surely it gets passed
around somewhere, or does it just get left to rot away in draws?

1) Try rec.skiing.resorts.europe (it has more Brits)

2) Ask around for other parents who ski. Especially parents of 3 and 5
year olds. They can tell you where outgrown clothes go - maybe to
school jumble sales in affluent areas?

3) A mum told me she could kit out two small kids at Decathlon for the
same as my jacket had cost, and that it was much cheaper than the normal
outdoor shop chains.

http://www.decathlon.com/uk/index.html
(Click on 'Francais' to get it in English!)

4) Blacks, Milletts etc will be offering random bargains from now
onwards. I saw some tiny pink ski jackets at half price in Reading
today, but apparently such offers tend to be local not national.

Good luck

--
Sue ]