Board bags recommendation

Old March 2nd 04, 02:15 PM
GB

Default Board bags recommendation

Hi all,

Looking to get a board bag that can hold 2 snowboards.

I see many offerings, with/without padding, with/without cinch straps,
with/without internal mesh pockets, good/no good for air travel, etc....

Does anyone have an brand and model recommendations for a decent board bag
for 2 snowboards?

Hoping to check out some of the clearance racks in the coming weeks and
hopefully snag a deal.

Thanks,
guy

Old March 2nd 04, 05:50 PM
Chet Hayes

I have a Burton Board Case and it works fine for me. Big enough for
two boards, bindings, one pair of boots, one helmet plus some other
stuff. If you intend to use it most of the time for 2 boards plus
eqpt for 2 riders, then I would go with a larger one, maybe one of the
models with wheels.
Old March 2nd 04, 11:41 PM
Glenn

"GB" wrote in message news:1078240713.58246@sj-nntpcache-3...

Looking to get a board bag that can hold 2 snowboards.

Does anyone have an brand and model recommendations for a decent board bag
for 2 snowboards?

I have a Dakine World Cup snowboard bag. Brought a few seasons ago and
still in good shape. Easily fits two boards, a pair of bindings and
boots, jacket, pants etc. Can get heavy with too much gear, would go
for one with wheels next time. Could always strap it to a skateboard.

Glenn
Old March 3rd 04, 08:04 AM
David Yasli

GB wrote:

Hi all,

Looking to get a board bag that can hold 2 snowboards.

I see many offerings, with/without padding, with/without cinch straps,
with/without internal mesh pockets, good/no good for air travel, etc....

Does anyone have an brand and model recommendations for a decent board bag
for 2 snowboards?

Hoping to check out some of the clearance racks in the coming weeks and
hopefully snag a deal.

Thanks,
guy

hi,

I am using a bag by crazy creek. 2 boards (166) with bindings fit in
there without any problems.
and the bag is really durable.

david
Old March 4th 04, 12:48 AM
Hugh Jass

"GB" wrote in message

Hi all,

Looking to get a board bag that can hold 2 snowboards.

I see many offerings, with/without padding, with/without cinch straps,
with/without internal mesh pockets, good/no good for air travel, etc....

Does anyone have an brand and model recommendations for a decent board bag
for 2 snowboards?

Hoping to check out some of the clearance racks in the coming weeks and
hopefully snag a deal.

Thanks,
guy

Great feedback guys. It seems wheels are a priority when lugging 2 brds +
gear.
There's still many brands but wheels and padding seems like a good thing.
Planning on some trips to Tahoe in the future and wheels in the airport
would be key.
Ride on!
guy

Old March 4th 04, 08:14 PM
Ottawa

Check out the solomon ones with wheels on ebay. Some guy had a handful of
them. It was reasonably priced, with wheels and first 2 boards with all the
gear.

Old March 5th 04, 03:36 PM
phil

Have a google and you'll see it's been done before.

If you don't travel much then I suppose anything will do.

For me, the half life of soft bags,including the most expensive Burton
wheely ones was one trip, which may of course involve quite a few
flights.

It's a real pain when you're jet lagged changing terminals in some US
hub when your bag doesn't have any handles on it, or when your
knickers are falling out the rip in the side. On the plus side, Burton
Wheely bags are really good for lining the walls of my garage with.

Now my garage is fully lined I've switched to a hard sided case for my
boards. I think it's on its third or perhaps fourth *season*.
Greyhound, United, CMH, the TSA and even Ryan Air haven't managed to
trash this one. You can even put stickers on it and lock it.