A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Nordic Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Easier to prep, faster to ski? G2 vs grip tape

Old February 7th 10, 11:22 AM

First recorded activity by SkiBanter: Mar 2006
Send a message via MSN to Jan Gerrit Klok Send a message via Yahoo to Jan Gerrit Klok
Default Easier to prep, faster to ski? G2 vs grip tape

Hi all,

From all I've read, it seems when I want to enjoy good classic skiing (I will pnly manage limited mileage), Zero skis are safe bet for Zero conditions. When I am in the position to score some, I suppose I'll have to.

But I want something more all-round too, preferably on a budget (I don't have access to large stock shops to be fitted from, and can'r justify the cash involved).

What is my best best to get easy kick and good glide, from an equal quality and flex ski:
- G2 (Grip&Glide) fish scale type no-wax skis (glide wax and forget)
- Grip tape on waxable skis (remove a bit of tape at a time, until perfect?)

Atomic for instance, has their Pro Classic boards (I am LOVING their Pro Skate for what it is, even though I have "nicer" $$$ skate skis too) in both G2 and waxable. These are affordable skis, and hey, I already have Atomic classic boots. The older ones match color. No, I'm not gay, just got a thing for boots and skis.

Yes, I know a good waxed ski is only to be beat in Zero conditions, but my mileage will just not justify stocking up on hard waxes and klisters, or spending much time figuring this out.

Thanks in advance,

J

Last edited by Jan Gerrit Klok : February 7th 10 at 01:58 PM.
Ads