Easier to prep, faster to ski? G2 vs grip tape

Old February 7th 10, 11:22 AM
Jan Gerrit Klok Jan Gerrit Klok is offline
Member

Location: Netherlands
Send a message via MSN to Jan Gerrit Klok Send a message via Yahoo to Jan Gerrit Klok
Default Easier to prep, faster to ski? G2 vs grip tape

Hi all,

From all I've read, it seems when I want to enjoy good classic skiing (I will pnly manage limited mileage), Zero skis are safe bet for Zero conditions. When I am in the position to score some, I suppose I'll have to.

But I want something more all-round too, preferably on a budget (I don't have access to large stock shops to be fitted from, and can'r justify the cash involved).

What is my best best to get easy kick and good glide, from an equal quality and flex ski:
- G2 (Grip&Glide) fish scale type no-wax skis (glide wax and forget)
- Grip tape on waxable skis (remove a bit of tape at a time, until perfect?)

Atomic for instance, has their Pro Classic boards (I am LOVING their Pro Skate for what it is, even though I have "nicer" $$$ skate skis too) in both G2 and waxable. These are affordable skis, and hey, I already have Atomic classic boots. The older ones match color. No, I'm not gay, just got a thing for boots and skis.

Yes, I know a good waxed ski is only to be beat in Zero conditions, but my mileage will just not justify stocking up on hard waxes and klisters, or spending much time figuring this out.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by Jan Gerrit Klok : February 7th 10 at 01:58 PM.

Rex Grip Tape Neil Smith Nordic Skiing 8 February 15th 07 08:04 PM
Tape for Grip [email protected] Nordic Skiing 0 January 22nd 06 12:18 AM
grip tape questions Leland Yee Nordic Skiing 5 December 12th 05 05:48 PM
Rex grip tape Leland Yee Nordic Skiing 5 January 13th 05 08:02 AM
Grip tape and "icing" Laurent Duparchy Nordic Skiing 3 November 18th 04 07:35 AM