Actually on topic Le Massif

Old September 26th 14, 03:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default Actually on topic Le Massif

The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/25/2014 04:42 PM, Bob F wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/25/2014 02:30 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

When I am in thrift shops, I always look for old skis in good
condition.

I've never seen acceptable skis at a thrift store. The prices at
Play It Again are OK, but they haven't had boots I could use for
years and I'm happy with my newish skis with new bindings. So far
all my stuff has come from yard sales, although I did buy new
longjohns at Big Five.

I see them, but they don't last long. If you peruse the stores
frequently, occasionally you get lucky. I've gotten a number of skis
over the years at thrift shops or yard sales, plus a couple of
snowboards, bindings, and every snowboard boot I've ever worn. Also,
jackets, ski pants, poles, goggles, helmets...

They have lots of skis, but boots are something else.

The boot problem is that I can't bend my left big toe enough to stuff
my foot into a normal 4-buckle boot. I need 300 mm with an acceptable
'walk' setting. I might actually have to buy something NEW some day,
the plastic on the buckles is starting to crack.

One friend of mine had to go to Ebay to find replacements for his ski boots. He
swears by his rear entry boots. Seems like they would be your choice too.

Old September 26th 14, 06:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately most of those seem to have liners made of some sticky
disintegrating plastic. I had some that I liked -- the previous owner
had had the left one blown out just where I needed it -- but those
rotted long ago.

Sooner or later I'll get lucky. I always do :-)

--
Cheers, Bev
"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level.
Old September 26th 14, 11:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 23:07:57 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

The boot problem is that I can't bend my left big toe enough to stuff
my foot into a normal 4-buckle boot. I need 300 mm with an acceptable
'walk' setting. I might actually have to buy something NEW some day,
the plastic on the buckles is starting to crack.

One friend of mine had to go to Ebay to find replacements for his ski boots. He
swears by his rear entry boots. Seems like they would be your choice too.

Unfortunately most of those seem to have liners made of some sticky
disintegrating plastic. I had some that I liked -- the previous owner
had had the left one blown out just where I needed it -- but those
rotted long ago.

I've got Nordica Air System boots. They are rear entry with an air
bag inside. Very easy to use and very comfortable. You can pump up
the airbag to any pressure you want, firm for skiing or none for
walking. But I must warn you that brand new they cost $900.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old September 26th 14, 11:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 09/26/2014 01:39 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:41:42 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 09/26/2014 04:05 AM,
wrote:

I've got Nordica Air System boots. They are rear entry with an air
bag inside. Very easy to use and very comfortable. You can pump up
the airbag to any pressure you want, firm for skiing or none for
walking. But I must warn you that brand new they cost $900.

Me too, curiously enough. Kind of a nondescript semimetallic beige. I
added various insole-type things to take up the slack. I don't much
like the adjustment-wheel in back -- the actual tightening thing hurts
my ankle where it pulls. Fortunately a layer of pink packing material
solves that problem.

What adjustment wheel? You must have the cable pair. Mine have an
airbag inside. There are two buttons in front of your ankle. One to
pump them up and one to release the air. They are easy to use with a
ski pole.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Nordi...em5b05ae 5e5c

Mine aren't purple, but these are the same. I'd like purple, but I'd
like orange better.

Reviewed in 1991. Damn, I didn't think they were that old!

http://books.google.com/books?id=kMD...yntech&f=false

--
Cheers, Bev
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Old September 27th 14, 06:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 09/26/2014 05:07 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:46:32 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 09/26/2014 01:39 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:41:42 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 09/26/2014 04:05 AM,
wrote:

I've got Nordica Air System boots. They are rear entry with an air
bag inside. Very easy to use and very comfortable. You can pump up
the airbag to any pressure you want, firm for skiing or none for
walking. But I must warn you that brand new they cost $900.

Me too, curiously enough. Kind of a nondescript semimetallic beige. I
added various insole-type things to take up the slack. I don't much
like the adjustment-wheel in back -- the actual tightening thing hurts
my ankle where it pulls. Fortunately a layer of pink packing material
solves that problem.

What adjustment wheel? You must have the cable pair. Mine have an
airbag inside. There are two buttons in front of your ankle. One to
pump them up and one to release the air. They are easy to use with a
ski pole.

http://www.ebay.comLH_Defau

I don't click on links because they're usually spam, and I never click
on e-bay.

Jeez, what are you afraid of? Do we have the same boots or don't we?

--
Cheers, Bev
You need only three tools: WD-40, duct tape and a hammer. If it doesn't

Old September 27th 14, 12:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 23:15:22 -0700, The Real Bev

Me too, curiously enough. Kind of a nondescript semimetallic beige. I
added various insole-type things to take up the slack. I don't much
like the adjustment-wheel in back -- the actual tightening thing hurts
my ankle where it pulls. Fortunately a layer of pink packing material
solves that problem.

What adjustment wheel? You must have the cable pair. Mine have an
airbag inside. There are two buttons in front of your ankle. One to
pump them up and one to release the air. They are easy to use with a
ski pole.

http://www.ebay.comLH_Defau

I don't click on links because they're usually spam, and I never click
on e-bay.

Jeez, what are you afraid of?

Wasting my time. I'm a busy person.

Do we have the same boots or don't we?

Of course not. I don't have an adjustment wheel. I have air bags
that you pump up. And my boots are black. I keep my boots nice and
shiny. I polish them with Turtle Wax.

Old September 27th 14, 10:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 10:30:40 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 09/27/2014 05:19 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 23:15:22 -0700, The Real Bev

Me too, curiously enough. Kind of a nondescript semimetallic beige. I
added various insole-type things to take up the slack. I don't much
like the adjustment-wheel in back -- the actual tightening thing hurts
my ankle where it pulls. Fortunately a layer of pink packing material
solves that problem.

What adjustment wheel? You must have the cable pair. Mine have an
airbag inside. There are two buttons in front of your ankle. One to
pump them up and one to release the air. They are easy to use with a
ski pole.

http://www.ebay.comLH_Defau

I don't click on links because they're usually spam, and I never click
on e-bay.

Jeez, what are you afraid of?

Wasting my time. I'm a busy person.

Obviously. It shows.

I'm multi-tasking right now. I'm watching the Golden Gophers take
back the Little Brown Jug.

Do we have the same boots or don't we?

Of course not. I don't have an adjustment wheel. I have air bags
that you pump up.

I have airbags too. Don't seem all that useful.

You've already admitted that you have crazy feet.

And my boots are black. I keep my boots nice and
shiny. I polish them with Turtle Wax.

And yet you worry about wasting time...

It's more important to look good than to ski good. And I ski great
and I look spectacular.