Let the new season begin

Old September 7th 10, 01:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Let the new season begin

I really miss the Oshman's Labor Day Ski Sales in the San Diego Sports
Arena. It served as an indicator of the new season,a chance to pick
some bargains and upgrade/replace the toolkit, and a warning to start
getting serious about getting into slope-ready condition.

That being said, I need BOOTS! I am open to suggestions for good
sources of discount new or used boots in Souther California, and I
will be in the Davis/Sacramento area a few times before the snow
falls.

Old September 7th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Sep 7, 7:48*am, Richard Henry wrote:
I really miss the Oshman's Labor Day Ski Sales in the San Diego Sports
Arena. *It served as an indicator of the new season,a chance to pick
some bargains and upgrade/replace the toolkit, and a warning to start
getting serious about getting into slope-ready condition.

That being said, I need BOOTS! *I am open to suggestions for good
sources of discount new or used boots in Souther California, and I
will be in the Davis/Sacramento area a few times before the snow
falls.

I've got some pretty good deals on skis.com in the past. Of course
ordering online is against what everybody here will tell you but the
last pair of boots I bought are probably the most comfortable I've
ever worn right out of the box. Besides, if I ever did have problems
there are plenty of great bootfiters around here.
Old September 7th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 9/7/10 6:48 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

That being said, I need BOOTS!

The Exchange on River Road in Truckee has lots of consignment boots -
worth a visit if you're passing through.
Old September 7th 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Sep 7, 8:31*am, snoig wrote:
On Sep 7, 7:48*am, Richard Henry wrote:

I really miss the Oshman's Labor Day Ski Sales in the San Diego Sports
Arena. *It served as an indicator of the new season,a chance to pick
some bargains and upgrade/replace the toolkit, and a warning to start
getting serious about getting into slope-ready condition.

That being said, I need BOOTS! *I am open to suggestions for good
sources of discount new or used boots in Souther California, and I
will be in the Davis/Sacramento area a few times before the snow
falls.

I've got some pretty good deals on skis.com in the past. *Of course
ordering online is against what everybody here will tell you but the
last pair of boots I bought are probably the most comfortable I've
ever worn right out of the box. *Besides, if I ever did have problems
there are plenty of great bootfiters around here.

Boots are still something I insist on trying on in person first...but
I've ordered my last 3 pairs of skis online, and saved a ****load of $$
$ in the process.

I finally got a pair of the Dynastar 8800 Legends. Not a bad ski at
all, but noticably heavier then my previous dutiful use of Salomons.
I'll never ski anything else again.
Old September 7th 10, 06:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Sep 7, 8:43*am, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Sep 7, 8:31*am, snoig wrote:

[...]

Where do you buy your diapers? Bet you have dropped a ****load every
time you think about spewing your bull**** to my face.
Hey, I'm going to have a great time informing newcomers of your
legendary cowardice. Stalking me to my home and bragging about
setting a meet.....when you knew I was 700 miles away in Sun Valley.
I'll bet that will impress them. Especially the stalking part.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Old September 7th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 7, 8:40*am, lal_truckee wrote:
On 9/7/10 6:48 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

That being said, I need BOOTS!

The Exchange on River Road in Truckee has lots of consignment boots -
worth a visit if you're passing through.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. My tentative schedule has some 3-day
gaps in Davis between soccer games, so I will have time to make a Lake
Tahoe sidetrip.
Old September 7th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Sep 7, 6:48*am, Richard Henry wrote:
I really miss the Oshman's Labor Day Ski Sales in the San Diego Sports
Arena. *It served as an indicator of the new season,a chance to pick
some bargains and upgrade/replace the toolkit, and a warning to start
getting serious about getting into slope-ready condition.

That being said, I need BOOTS! *I am open to suggestions for good
sources of discount new or used boots in Souther California, and I
will be in the Davis/Sacramento area a few times before the snow
falls.

If any of you'z guys make it out to Sun Valley, Snowbird or Alta this
season, shoot me an email. I should have alot more time to enjoy the
slopes this year...
Old September 7th 10, 06:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sep 7, 11:51*am, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Sep 7, 6:48*am, Richard Henry wrote:

I really miss the Oshman's Labor Day Ski Sales in the San Diego Sports
Arena. *It served as an indicator of the new season,a chance to pick
some bargains and upgrade/replace the toolkit, and a warning to start
getting serious about getting into slope-ready condition.

That being said, I need BOOTS! *I am open to suggestions for good
sources of discount new or used boots in Souther California, and I
will be in the Davis/Sacramento area a few times before the snow
falls.

If any of you'z guys make it out to Sun Valley, Snowbird or Alta this
season, shoot me an email. *I should have alot more time to enjoy the
slopes this year...

ME!!!!!! I'll be in Sun Valley, Jackson, and Utah this winter. Got
any time to enjoy manning up and talking crap in person?
Oooops, forgot. YOU sure wouldn't enjoy the experience. But I would.
Ooooops, forgot a couple other things. You've never been man enough
to make a meet, and you kept coming up with ridiculous excuses for not
being a man, then talked **** when I was SEVEN HUNDRED MILES away!!!!
What a pppppppuuuuuuuuuussssssssyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 7th 10, 07:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 08:43:17 -0700 (PDT), Yabahoobs
wrote:

On Sep 7, 8:31*am, snoig wrote:
[...]

Ditto, I could not order online or via a catalog, too much variation
from manufacturer to manufacturer. Tecnica fits me best, not sure why
Old September 7th 10, 07:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote:
On Sep 7, 8:31*am, snoig wrote:
[...]

I LOVE IT!!!!! Dick Gozinya, Yabapussy, and Dickless Henry discussing
boots, all in the same thread!!! I can't wait until you guys start
comparing the panties you wear.