Injuries Really Really Suck

Old July 3rd 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Injuries Really Really Suck

vincent walker wrote:
"ant" wrote:

Percocet is a combination of Tylenol and Oxycodone (a narcotic). They can
make people a bit loopy. The thing that scares me more than the narcotic is
that Tylenol can be devastating on the liver if taken in high doses.

Those damn pharmacists - ruining a perfectly fine opiate by mixing it
with acetaminophen. You can't take enough for a decent buzz without
waxing your liver. Bastids.

for some reason, I'm thinking they are pills you put up your bum.

I'd prefer not to speculate on the administration technique used by our
recently returned prodigal sailor.

//Walt
Old July 3rd 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
vincent walker wrote:

Percocet is a combination of Tylenol and Oxycodone (a narcotic). They can
make people a bit loopy. The thing that scares me more than the narcotic is
that Tylenol can be devastating on the liver if taken in high doses.
Saturday, I was running Charge and they brought in a 41 year old woman who
they thought had hepatitis B - turns out that she had been been popping
Tylenol well beyond the proper dosage levels for a long period of time. She
was a walky talky upon admission - by the middle of the afternoon, she was
tanking, a total mess. We had to helicopter her out to Hopkins to save her
life. She now needs a liver transplant. Sheesh.

Hi VInnie,

I told you this before, but all the best nurses hurt their backs.
They're the ones who want to see their patients clean and comfortable
and don't want to wait for for help moving them.

I've known a lot of people who've gotten back surgery and a lot who have
not. Many of the surgical patients have had great results - so if you
need surgery, you need surgery.

The thing about ruptured disks is that when they rupture, they can get
what I like to call "disk juice" all over the nerve roots. That stuff
is irritating and even removing the physical disk that is clearly
compressing the nerves may not allieve the symptoms.

My wife had a huge disk that she treated conservatively with exercise
and NSAIDS. The disk shriveled up and went away, but she still has some
calf muscle wasting and weakness, but is completely pain free. She also
strengthens her core muscles constantly, does yoga religiously, and
looks like a fitness model now.

One option you might want ask about while you're avoiding surgery is
"lumbar epidural steroids," It's basically an epidural, but instead of
local anesthesthetic the anesthesiologist injects cortisone right on top
of the nerves irritated by the disk and the "disk juice." This can help
some like yourself through the acute painful stage until the disk begins
to shrivel up and get off your nerve root. The results can be
spectacular (just like any cortisone injection and the risks are very
low.

Ask your orthopedic surgeon about that. Also GET A SECOND OPINION.
Don't worry that you are going to insult the guy who is treating you.
Pick somebody that you've heard good things about who practices in
another hospital and go see him.

As for the Tylenol, I never touch the stuff and when I see it I always
think "liver poison." When I was in college (and before liver
transplants) we had a young football player kill his liver and die
because somebody told him that if you took a whole bottle of Tylenol
everyday for five days, marijuana wouldn't show up on your drug screen.
They were partially right as YOU'D BE DEAD!

Personally, if your stomach can tolerate it, I think ibuprofen (motrin
and about 60 other names) is right up their with penicillin as far as
wonder drugs of the last century go. Otherwise, there are those fancy
Celebrex type drugs.

Find a doctor you trust and follow his advice. You may also write me at
this email if I can answer anything specific for you. Offer not valid
in California or Maine, At Participating Red Lobsters Only.
Professional Driver on Closed Course: Do Not Attempt.

Dave
Old July 4th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"Harry Weiner" wrote in message
. com...
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:37:58 GMT, vincent walker
wrote this crap:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging
lumbar
discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next week.

My heart bleeds for you. I've had two MRIs, three EMGs, and a CAT
scan, over the last five years. The only thing that doctors can give
me to stop the pain is percocets.

Percocets. Explains everything......

Old July 4th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"ant" wrote in message
wrote this crap:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three
bulging lumbar discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI
scheduled next week.

My heart bleeds for you. I've had two MRIs, three EMGs, and a CAT
scan, over the last five years. The only thing that doctors can give
me to stop the pain is percocets.

Percocet, eh? Wasn't that what Sonny Bono was on when he tried to do
his lumberjack thing?

for some reason, I'm thinking they are pills you put up your bum.

That's because nobody will **** you from the front. Too ugly. Only gay
guys will. Their way.

Old July 4th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

Ah, friendship. Two deranged pathological liars showing concern for each
other. What I find utterly laughable is that Dickless Dave is giving advice
to an RN.....

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

Old July 4th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

Jesus, take me now. Kerrison will start writing about her feet any moment
now....

"ant" wrote in message
vincent walker wrote:
I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging
lumbar discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next
week. At work on Friday-an orthopedic surgeon took one look at me and
wrote me the MRI prescription on the spot. Maybe I need a Lever
Action 30.06 and start shooting out neighbors' porch lights.

Got the bulging discs in the 80s (and had OA before they worked out what
it was). All OK now (still there, but OK, although changing tyres on my
4WD this weekend reminded me that it's still there).
What's ****ing me off is the achilles tendon I tore jumping up from my
desk to deal with suspected peanut in my sandwich in October. Taught 5
months in the US with the thing (which re tore if I bottomed out on a
bump, or scuttled across the road to get the bus) and now I'm
procrastinating about giving the surgeon the OK to book a surgery date.
Did some intensive physio on it before heading to the US, and it seems to
have paid dividends (weighted heel-drops). Dunno what to do. OTOH, I have
chronic achilles tendonosis (NOT tendonitis) so the other one's just
waiting to go. Should have them fixed. I hate surgery. Hate those horrible
blood drains they put in.. hate getting them out. Hate throwing up when
you wake up. Yuck. Hate surgery.

Sciatica is a bummer, especially when you hope to sleep. Mine's under
control, thanks to a very talented physio (using a range of things
including nerve pressure points and a brutal gym regime), but saggy
mattresses (or ****ing futons) flare it up very quickly. Take some good
ear protectors for the MRI (3M make good ones). And a magazine... damn
thing goes on for ages.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old July 4th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

Five months in Utah?
Gotta be Snowturd.
Cool.

Old July 4th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jul 3, 6:46 pm, "Two Buddha" wrote:
Five months in Utah?
Gotta be Snowturd.
Cool.

Gee, Scott, now that your superior detective work had determined Ant's
place of employment*, you must dash off a letter to the GM teeling the
truth about her. Include lots of evidence, like RSA postings, news
reports, police reports, and the Wired article. That'll convince
them.

Oh, wait. It's July. D'OH!

Old July 4th 07, 10:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_5_]

vincent walker wrote:
On 7/3/07 9:55 AM, in article ,
"ant" wrote:

for some reason, I'm thinking they are pills you put up your bum.

Percocet is a combination of Tylenol and Oxycodone (a narcotic). They
can make people a bit loopy. The thing that scares me more than the
narcotic is that Tylenol can be devastating on the liver if taken in
high doses. Saturday, I was running Charge and they brought in a 41
year old woman who they thought had hepatitis B - turns out that she
had been been popping Tylenol well beyond the proper dosage levels
for a long period of time. She was a walky talky upon admission - by
the middle of the afternoon, she was tanking, a total mess. We had to
helicopter her out to Hopkins to save her life. She now needs a liver
transplant. Sheesh.

Tylenol's paracetamol, isn't it? Someone told me paracetamol was banned in
the US, because it doesn't take a big overdose to destroy your liver. Well,
turns out Actominaphen (spelling) is paracetamol!

It's sad when people try overdosing on paracetamol/actominaphen to kill
themselves. It'll kill you, but it's SLOW and horribly painful as your liver
curls up and dissolves.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:
I'm borrowing that of the latest
scammer/spammer

Calf Injuries? Mike M. Miskulin Snowboarding 6 March 17th 07 01:02 PM
Arizona is the suck Chad Snowboarding 3 January 20th 06 05:20 PM
head injuries pose low risk of brain injuries Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 19 August 31st 04 01:05 PM
Alpine injuries lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 2 April 25th 04 07:42 PM
Ski Websites that Suck Walt Alpine Skiing 79 February 13th 04 07:43 PM