seeking large boots -- help

Old May 30th 06, 12:23 AM

Default seeking large boots -- help

Hello all:

I'm looking to buy some alpine skiing boots and I have size 15 (euro
49/50), and very slightly narrow feet. I'm wondering if anyone can
point me to the brands and models that actually make boots in my size.
It took me a while to find nordic ski boots that fit, and I'm hoping
someone can help me start my downhill search.

Also, can anyone point me to shops in the Tahoe area (or N. Cal or Nv)
that actually have large size boots one can try on? (I don't want to
have to pay shipping on every special order that doesn't fit.)

Thank you! VB

Old May 30th 06, 01:35 AM

vb-vb-vb wrote:
Hello all:

I'm looking to buy some alpine skiing boots and I have size 15 (euro
49/50), and very slightly narrow feet. I'm wondering if anyone can
point me to the brands and models that actually make boots in my size.
It took me a while to find nordic ski boots that fit, and I'm hoping
someone can help me start my downhill search.

Also, can anyone point me to shops in the Tahoe area (or N. Cal or Nv)
that actually have large size boots one can try on? (I don't want to
have to pay shipping on every special order that doesn't fit.)

Thank you! VB

The brand that comes to mind is Strolz from Austria.
Start your search there and see if you can find a dealer
by Googling the brand. There is a great boot shop in
South Lake whose name escapes me, but it's right on
the main drag, maybe a mile from the Nevada line (in
CA).

Old May 30th 06, 05:59 AM

vb-vb-vb wrote:
Hello all:

I'm looking to buy some alpine skiing boots and I have size 15 (euro
49/50), and very slightly narrow feet. I'm wondering if anyone can
point me to the brands and models that actually make boots in my size.
It took me a while to find nordic ski boots that fit, and I'm hoping
someone can help me start my downhill search.

Also, can anyone point me to shops in the Tahoe area (or N. Cal or Nv)
that actually have large size boots one can try on? (I don't want to
have to pay shipping on every special order that doesn't fit.)

Call Cosmo's bootwerks in Tahoe City - put the question to him.

Also Dalebout builds boots for difficult feet in Salt Lake City. Try
http://www.dalebootusa.com/

And VtSkier is correct - Strolz is known for producing larger sizes.