Munger Day 3-The reckoning

Old September 29th 03, 05:37 PM
Eric W. Chandler

Default Munger Day 3-The reckoning

Flattened by a cold and sore throat. Luckily have skied the carlton to Duluth
section before, so I can say I've rollerskied the whole thing just not at once.
Bummer.
Eric "Shmo" Chandler
Duluth, MN

Old September 30th 03, 03:20 PM
Ken Roberts

Now you still have a goal for future years.

It's great that we can have these big long-distance touring goals in the
summer.

Because in North America we don't get too many of them with a groomed track
on snow in the winter. Other than doing lots of laps, which doesn't have
the same meaning for me.

A week ago I made a big loop thru five villages in the Hudson valley
(Rhinebeck, Tivoli, Germantown, Elizaville, Red Hook, and back to
Rhinebeck), each with a little food stop.

It was a wonderful experience on nice pavement out in rolling farm country.
I'll be doing it again. Like skiing 50 km on groomed snow for hot chocolate
and waffles in four places near Lillehammer (Nordseter, Sjusjoen, H----, and
Pellestova). But with more varieties of trees, more different kinds of
food, more varieties of architecture and buildings -- and fewer airline
flights to get there.

I usually like to practice my skating without poles, so I figured out a way
to attach my poles to my little yellow backpack so the tips pointed up in
the air. Like alien antennae -- very strange when you roll into a village
looking like that. I figured I'd take them off and use them when I got
tired of skating with legs only -- but then I didn't.

Ken
Eric Chandler wrote