Rule #1

Old April 6th 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default Rule #1

Never try to keep up with your cousin who's already skied 87 days this
season.

I did something a little crazy yesterday: I set my alarm for 4:00am, got
up and drove up to Big White to get at least one day this year with my
cousin, who has very happily "retired" for a couple of years and his
snow-hosting there.

Great day. Blue skies, sunshine, cold and dry enough in the morning for
the fresh snow to still be fresh and then an afternoon of high-speed
cruising, but...

....man does Keith have legs on him. I give thanks for the one guy we had
to add to the group at 1:30 so that Keith could do his snow-hosting
thing, because it slowed the pace for the afternoon. Without him, my
legs would have fallen off.

Then Coronas and a hot tub.

An excellent way to spend a Saturday.

:-)

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old April 6th 09, 10:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 19:59:41 -0700, Alan Baker
wrote this crap:

Then Coronas and a hot tub.

An excellent way to spend a Saturday.

I bow to you. I spent Saturday installing a laundry sink in my
laundry room. I shall be able to clean my ski boots in style.

I shall raise a flagon of mead to you in the Mead Hall.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old April 9th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sue

In message , A mighty
Hungarian warrior writes
On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 19:59:41 -0700, Alan Baker
wrote this crap:

[he went skiing]

I bow to you. I spent Saturday installing a laundry sink in my
laundry room. I shall be able to clean my ski boots in style.

Mighty warriors didn't do plumbing.

In fact mighty warriors didn't even have plumbing.

--
Sue ]

Old April 9th 09, 09:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:20:14 +0100, Sue wrote
this crap:

I bow to you. I spent Saturday installing a laundry sink in my
laundry room. I shall be able to clean my ski boots in style.

Mighty warriors didn't do plumbing.

In fact mighty warriors didn't even have plumbing.

My minions did the plumbing. I gave the orders, and used my magic
plastic card to pay for everything.

I'm teaching leadership here, and a leader takes charge of a project.
And a leader pays his own way, he doesn't ask for, "freebies." But he
does plunder the ATM at the refueling station.

Don't **** me off or my minions will find where you live.

And vote for Palin-Ahhnold in 2012.

Old April 12th 09, 11:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:
Never try to keep up with your cousin who's already skied 87 days this
season.

Smoked by sone guy who only has 87 ski days by April? No Level II? No
instructor days this winter? FAIL!
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old April 13th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yadda

on 4/5/09 9:59 PM Alan Baker said the following:
[...]

No, rule number 1 is keep your line on advanced trails. A dumb ****
almost caused a concussion for me skiing erratically with his fat boy
skis. I was so busy trying figure out what he was doing that I lost
track of what I was doing so that my right ski plowed into a mini-mogul
and popped off sending me head first into semi-hard pack.
Old April 13th 09, 06:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Gonar the Incontinent

On Apr 12, 4:28*pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:

Never try to keep up with your cousin who's already skied 87 days this
season.

Smoked by sone guy who only has 87 ski days by April? *No Level II? *No
instructor days this winter? *FAIL!
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Rule number one is to avoid responding to the petty jibes of "truly
gifted
troublemakers"

Rule number two is the adult diaper. Could someone is Jackson Hole
please duct tape one over Jeff's head until he gets a goddamned clue
what life is about?
Old April 13th 09, 06:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler[_2_]

Yadda wrote:

No, rule number 1 is keep your line on advanced trails.

Good rule, but it is hard to enforce in the moment.
If I can see an erratic rider, I stop.
If I sense one behind me, I schuss.

-- Mike
Old April 13th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Yadda wrote:

No, rule number 1 is keep your line on advanced trails.

Actually, Rule #1 is "Never drop your rum flask."

A dumb ****
almost caused a concussion for me skiing erratically with his fat boy
skis. I was so busy trying figure out what he was doing that I lost
track of what I was doing so that my right ski plowed into a mini-mogul
and popped off sending me head first into semi-hard pack.

You're thinking about Rule #2, which is "Never whine about how it's
somebody else's fault when you **** up."

You are welcome.

//Walt