It isn't clear to me. . and Breckenridge

Old December 19th 04, 04:59 PM
William

Default It isn't clear to me. . and Breckenridge

1. Maybe someone can help me understand.. . . I know some of the
background with this Scott Abrams guy (or whatever the name is). I
have no positive or negative thoughts about him. But what does it
really matter? Why does anyone respond to his messages, or messages
ABOUT him for that matter? Doesn't that just perpetuate things? Seems
awfully silly, non-productive, useless. Perhaps there is a motive for
secondary gain that I am missing?

2. (more importantly) I will be in Breckenridge for the week of New
Year's. I'd love to hear about anyone's recent experience there. This
year or last. Snow conditions, the night life, that new area (to me)
over at Peak 10.

I know some purists likely would not recomend a resort this. . . ummmm
.. . "touristy". But this is where we are headed

-William

Old December 19th 04, 05:32 PM
Joe Canuck

William wrote:

1. Maybe someone can help me understand.. . . I know some of the
background with this Scott Abrams guy (or whatever the name is). I
have no positive or negative thoughts about him. But what does it
really matter? Why does anyone respond to his messages, or messages
ABOUT him for that matter? Doesn't that just perpetuate things? Seems
awfully silly, non-productive, useless. Perhaps there is a motive for
secondary gain that I am missing?

In all seriousness, yes agreed on that.

The secondary gain is entertainment, cheap entertainment.

2. (more importantly) I will be in Breckenridge for the week of New
Year's. I'd love to hear about anyone's recent experience there. This
year or last. Snow conditions, the night life, that new area (to me)
over at Peak 10.

I know some purists likely would not recomend a resort this. . . ummmm
. . "touristy". But this is where we are headed

-William

Others can take a stab at that one.
Old December 19th 04, 06:51 PM
Richard Henry

"William" wrote in message
oups.com...
1. Maybe someone can help me understand.. . . I know some of the
background with this Scott Abrams guy (or whatever the name is). I
have no positive or negative thoughts about him. But what does it
really matter? Why does anyone respond to his messages, or messages
ABOUT him for that matter? Doesn't that just perpetuate things? Seems
awfully silly, non-productive, useless. Perhaps there is a motive for
secondary gain that I am missing?

The best American sideshows had a geek in a back tent. After the patrons
paid a few coins to watch, the barker would throw the geek a live chicken,
and the geek would bite off its head. Since this sideshows have all
disappeared, we geek lovers need to find our entertainment elsewhere.

It's not just rsa, either. sci.math has James Harris, who proclaims himself
the world's greatest mathematicians, if only he could overcome the
mathematical establishment's attempts to censor his discoveries.
sci.physics has spaceman, a tire salesman with a unique view of the
universe. news.groups has a large cast of regulars who think they own your
ocmputer. etc, etc, etc.

Old December 19th 04, 09:55 PM
snoig

As far as Breckenridge goes, they are starting to get most of the
terrian open now. Still waiting on the T-bar and Peak 7 although they
may have opened Peak 7 this weekend. I don't know since I don't ski on
the weekends. They have been blowing snow over there so it should be
open soon. They did a bunch of control work on Imperial Bowl on Peak 8
this week so that may be open soon also. Still, they need more snow
before it will open.

As far as Peak 10 goes, I think you mean Peak 7 since there hasn't
really been anything new on Peak 10 since about '87. The Peak 7 stuff
is mainly blue and groomed so if that's what you like, you will enjoy
it.

snoig

Old December 19th 04, 10:12 PM
Richard Henry

"Olaf Timandahaff" wrote in message
news
InXYkxd.3248$ry.2883@fed1read01, Richard Henry dropped this bomb:

"William" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Whatever happened to that billionaire that was so upset with you?
He had all kinds of ships and a webtv as I recall. Strange bird that one.

tj frazir? He could still be after me and I wouldn't know. I gave up
reading him because he is often incoherent. The best part of his attacks on
me was when he started quoting some of Scott's stuff.

Old December 19th 04, 11:52 PM
Gumby

"William" wrote in message
oups.com...

2. I will be in Breckenridge for the week of New
Year's. I'd love to hear about anyone's recent experience there.

I spend a week in Breck about 5 years ago and didn't care for it. The lift
system sucked. The one bowl area (if you could call it that, it was small)
was accessed via a slow surface lift. I stayed at the Wyndham condo's at the
base and that sucked too. The town was nice though, good restaurants, nice
evening walking. One exceptional restaurant was up near 70, Blue Moose? I
think it was, very good food, nice atmosphere. Also, Bubba Gumps Shrimp
restaurant was pretty good, reasonable as I recall. Have fun and while your
there try either Copper or Keystone which are really nearby.
--
I'm Gumby dammit!

Old December 20th 04, 03:27 AM
ant

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

news.groups has a large cast of regulars who think they own your
ocmputer. etc, etc, etc.

One of whom is somewhat wiser, after wading into an RSA quarrel and having
her soul auctioned off on eBay.
For 50 cents.

ant

Old December 20th 04, 03:54 AM
Harry Weiner

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:51:15 -0800, "Richard Henry"
wrote this crap:

The best American sideshows had a geek in a back tent. After the patrons
paid a few coins to watch, the barker would throw the geek a live chicken,
and the geek would bite off its head.

Did Ozzie Osborn ever hear of this?

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old December 20th 04, 04:13 AM
TCS

One exceptional restaurant was up near 70, Blue Moose? I
think it was, very good food, nice atmosphere.

"Blue Spruce Inn" in Frisco.

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Colorado is now open for skiing
Old December 20th 04, 12:40 PM
Gumby

TCS wrote:
One exceptional restaurant was up near 70, Blue Moose? I
think it was, very good food, nice atmosphere.

"Blue Spruce Inn" in Frisco.

Iceberg-Goldberg, whatever. g Thanks for the correction. I knew it was an
"oose" sound.

--
I'm Gumby dammit!