group skiing

Old March 8th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default group skiing

Walt and a friend came by for a visit and a ski Friday - I had fun
showing them around some of our mountain. Bit of a white out cut
visibility on the crest and kept us mostly lower, although we did ski a
couple off the top. Snow cooperated nicely providing a pretty good dance
floor for our shenanigans. Didn't get a chance to hike: maybe next time.
Old March 9th 09, 08:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:

Walt and a friend came by for a visit and a ski Friday - I had fun
showing them around some of our mountain. Bit of a white out cut
visibility on the crest and kept us mostly lower, although we did ski a
couple off the top. Snow cooperated nicely providing a pretty good dance
floor for our shenanigans. Didn't get a chance to hike: maybe next time.

Lal,

Thanks for showing us around on Friday. It was quite gracious for you
to give up what was obviously a great powder day to ski the easier stuff
with a couple of gappers from the midwest.

Alpine Meadows is probably the best of the 7 resorts we skied last week.
I can see why you ski there all the time.

Full TR to follow...

//Walt
Old March 17th 09, 04:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 17:16:55 -0400, Walt
wrote:

Full TR to follow...

Whenever you're ready....I could use it. I just _might_ get a day or
two in CO this spring, but otherwise this season's a writeoff.

bw
Old March 17th 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

bdubya wrote:
Walt wrote:

Full TR to follow...

Whenever you're ready....I could use it.

Ask and ye shall receive.

I just _might_ get a day or
two in CO this spring, but otherwise this season's a writeoff.

Nubs was still in very good shape over the weekend, if you can make it
up this way.

The east facing hills have not weathered the hot spell so well - I went
to Schuss Sunday and it was so bad I quit after only 5 hours. I figure
Crystal and both Boynes will have the same problem due to their
orientation.

//Walt