Burton Dominant / Blunt

Old December 1st 05, 07:43 PM

Default Burton Dominant / Blunt

I have only been boarding for one season on a GNU board that has no rim on
tip and tail. I was advised after purchase that GNU was not a good choice.
Still it was fine for the season. So, I am looking to replace and am keen on
a more freestyle board to learn and have some fun. I have been looking at
Burton Dominant and Blunt and would be keen on any feedback from owners of
these boards. My exisiting board is 156 and I have noticed that these
freestyle boards are shorter, which makes sense. I am 7.6 feet, 9.10 stone
and size 9 feet. I knowI am expecting to get a shorter board that the one I
have, but how short do you go? I still want a board I can use everywhere but
one that will aid me in learning the tricks. Would the Dominant be too much?

Old December 2nd 05, 12:13 AM

154 sounds fine and smaller fine except for deep pow.

Old December 2nd 05, 03:32 PM

My exisiting board is 156 and I have noticed that these freestyle boards
are shorter, which makes sense. I am 7.6 feet, 9.10 stone and size 9 feet.

9.1 stone = 127 pounds - 95% of freestyle boards in a 156 would be a lot of
board for you. Which model Gnu do you have? I've only ridden one Gnu in my
life, but every comment I've heard says their boards are quite versatile and
assuming you've got the right size, there's no reason you can't freestyle on
a Gnu.

Mike T

Old December 3rd 05, 12:16 PM

9.1 stone = 127 pounds - 95% of freestyle boards in a 156 would be a lot
of board for you. Which model Gnu do you have? I've only ridden one Gnu
in my life, but every comment I've heard says their boards are quite
versatile and assuming you've got the right size, there's no reason you
can't freestyle on a Gnu.

Mike T

I don't know which GNU board I have actually. It doesn't say on the board,
anywhere that I can find. I though that because of that there was only 'one'
model they made, just with different sizes, a bit like the Signals, although
I might be wrong on that one. All I know is that its blue! Good point
though, I do really need to find out what my existing board is suited to as
I might have gone ahead and bought something that I already have, or worse,
something less capable. I have looked on their site but can't find it, I
guess thats because its last seasons board. Anyone know where GNU place
their model names/numbers on their boards?

poch