Carte Neige

Old October 3rd 05, 09:12 PM
Ace

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:11:14 +0100, John Elgy
wrote:

My philosophy about insurance is to never have the same risk covered
twice by two different insurance companies. In the event of a claim I
think they will spend the next 50 years each claiming it was the others
liability. Am I just a cynic?

Heh. No, I think you're just a realist.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old October 3rd 05, 09:38 PM

John Elgy wrote
My philosophy about insurance is to never have the same risk covered
twice by two different insurance companies. In the event of a claim I
think they will spend the next 50 years each claiming it was the others
liability. Am I just a cynic?

You have philosophy, which can be nice and comforting (and I would
guess that you do not live in the USA). I have real, practical
experience. Carte Neige paid everything they promised, all the
injury-related expenses in France, and also took care of me. They did
not even ask me about any other insurance coverage. If they had given
me crummy service and tried to low-ball me on the coverage, I would be
reporting that experience.

Old October 7th 05, 03:44 PM
PG

wrote in message
oups.com...
| John Elgy wrote
| My philosophy about insurance is to never have the same risk covered
| twice by two different insurance companies. In the event of a claim
| think they will spend the next 50 years each claiming it was the
others
| liability. Am I just a cynic?
|
| You have philosophy, which can be nice and comforting (and I would
| guess that you do not live in the USA). I have real, practical
| experience. Carte Neige paid everything they promised, all the
| injury-related expenses in France, and also took care of me. They did
| not even ask me about any other insurance coverage. If they had given
| me crummy service and tried to low-ball me on the coverage, I would be
| reporting that experience.

I would agree on the whole. I've used carte neige and it's simple and
universally accepted in France (can be used elsewhere of course). I've
heard stories where alternative insurance cover - even if bona fide -
has been refused and up front payment demanded.

It's really cheap, and the cost is offset to an extent by discounts on
car hire, rentals etc as well as individual resort offers. Last year for
example carte neige gave discounts on Europcar rentals, hire of
equipment from Sport 2000 and Twinner, as well as on holidays at VVF
Vacances centres.

You could also get the huge sum of 15 euros off a pair of Salomon
Streetracers last season, and for an order of 150 euros from Sun Valley,
a free tee-shirt worth 30 euros...

Local benefits - if you order your Carte Neige through Les Arcs for
example, this coming season you are entitled to one free go on the
Flying Kilometre piste, a free race entry in the Robert Blanc Derby
(open to all, families welcome, at Arc 2000 on Feb 15th), and last but
not least 10% off all ESF and ESI group lessons at Arc 1600, 1800 and
2000...

So for approx £35 for a year, as peace of mind top-up insurance, if
you're a regular visitor to France I reckon it's worth it.

Pete

http://mysnowsports.com

Old October 7th 05, 09:49 PM

PG wrote:
So for approx =A335 for a year

Aha! That may help explain our difference in attitutes. I paid a lot
less for coverage for one week, and it was sold as an optional addition
to my six-day lift ticket.

Old October 8th 05, 07:28 AM
PG

wrote in message
ups.com...
PG wrote:
So for approx £35 for a year

Aha! That may help explain our difference in attitutes. I paid a lot
less for coverage for one week, and it was sold as an optional
addition
to my six-day lift ticket.

Yes, the 'Carte Neige' is the annual cover version of the per day 'Carré
Neige' which was 2.5 euros per day's cover last year.

I still think that the service provided for just 55 euros for a full
year is excellent value.

Pete

http://mysnowsports.com