Valmeinier? Anyone been there?

Old February 1st 06, 11:22 AM

Default Valmeinier? Anyone been there?

Hi all

Has anyone any experience of Valmeinier?

Looking at the piste map I am a bit disturbed by the link to Valloire
being a long chair going from 1400. If the snow isnt good can you ski
to the chair?

Because the runs directly above Valmeinier look limited.

Old February 1st 06, 11:47 AM

"fat_boy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all

Has anyone any experience of Valmeinier?

Looking at the piste map I am a bit disturbed by the link to Valloire
being a long chair going from 1400. If the snow isnt good can you ski
to the chair?

Because the runs directly above Valmeinier look limited.

I was there for a day last week, and conditions were pretty good (compared
to other Maurienne resorts). The link to Valloire is by a high speed chair
which can be reached in 2 ways, across the valley by chairlift from 1400
(the link to 1400 has plenty of snow cannons) or down and round the valley
on a blue from 1800 and then a drag to just above the chair. The main skiing
on the Valloire shared pistes is on a plateau well above the finish of the
chair so you have to take a drag to get up to there.

Have fun

--
Paul Schofield

Old February 1st 06, 11:52 AM

Thanks, I was looking at the piste map and I didnt see the blue was
accessibble from 1800. I am going there in a couple of weeks.

Are there any good bars there? How about restaurants, do you have any
recomendations?

Thx

Old February 1st 06, 12:28 PM

"fat_boy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks, I was looking at the piste map and I didnt see the blue was
accessibble from 1800. I am going there in a couple of weeks.

Are there any good bars there? How about restaurants, do you have any
recomendations?

Thx

The restaurant on the plateau is good, self-service but cooked to order.
It's mainly outside eating, though there are a few tables indoors and some
in a screened area (this may be waiter service?). There's several
cafes/bars/restaurants around the base at 1800, but couldn't recommend any
particularly on just a day's visit.

HTH

--
Paul Schofield

Old February 1st 06, 02:38 PM

Paul Schofield wrote:
"fat_boy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks, I was looking at the piste map and I didnt see the blue was
accessibble from 1800. I am going there in a couple of weeks.

Are there any good bars there? How about restaurants, do you have any
recomendations?

Thx

The restaurant on the plateau is good, self-service but cooked to order.
It's mainly outside eating, though there are a few tables indoors and some
in a screened area (this may be waiter service?). There's several
cafes/bars/restaurants around the base at 1800, but couldn't recommend any
particularly on just a day's visit.

HTH

BTW if you insist on using google groups then you should quote the
original text for the majority of people who use sensible (or even OE)
as their news readers. This post will hopefully (fingers crossed) prove
it's possibly - use show options and then the reply link that appears

Paul