snowboard lessons- slc

Old February 10th 04, 12:30 AM

Default snowboard lessons- slc

going to salt lake city 2/17-2/22 for 3 days. I am a novice snowboarder
with my own board and am going with a beginner with no board or
experience. I would like to get some advice on where to get lessons
together and whether we should try more than one mountain. I heard
about 3.5 mile green runs. Sounds too good to be true.

Old February 10th 04, 09:18 PM
Daniel Paik

In article ,
wrote:
going to salt lake city 2/17-2/22 for 3 days. I am a novice snowboarder
with my own board and am going with a beginner with no board or
experience. I would like to get some advice on where to get lessons
together and whether we should try more than one mountain. I heard
about 3.5 mile green runs. Sounds too good to be true.

if you go to park city, don't go to deer valley. when i was there 2 years ago, they
didn't allow snowboarding.

Dan.

--
RVD...The Whole F'n Show
i was bored one day and ended up making http://www.hanguk.com/~danpaik
Old February 10th 04, 09:19 PM
Jess McClelland

I don't about any 3.5 mile green runs, but SLC does have plenty of
terrain for you. I suggest heading up to Brighton, as it caters
mainly to snowboarders. I'm sure they have a fine ski school too. I
go up there once a week at night and poach a few powder lines when
possible. Snowbird is another great resort, but it gets crowded and
is kinda pricey compared to its neighbors.

You can find a lot of great information at www.skiutah.com

Also, make sure you buy your tickets at a ski shop or grocery store
before you head up the mountain. It'll save you a few bucks for that
Crown Burger.

http://utah.citysearch.com/profile/11362720/

Have fun

JCM
Old February 13th 04, 05:11 PM
machman

I did my first few days at Brighton, it's a great place for beginners.
Except (you knew that was coming):

The only designated "nursery" slope is way too narrow for learning boarding:
after all tuning is the hard bit, a wider gentle piste (found elsewhere in
Brighton) allows a beginner to settle before the next turn;
It has plenty of green runs, but (a) they get flat in places and thus a
beginner can find themselves walking now and then. (b) very gentle slopes
made it harder to judge the fall-line and feel an edge.

That said, I really enjoyed Brighton and it's close to the city centre (up
little cottonwood canyon I think)

Cheers

m...