Toko HelX: Fluorine Telemore?

Old September 20th 03, 11:56 AM
Rob Bradlee

Default Toko HelX: Fluorine Telemore?

You didn't find it on google because skinnyski spelled
it wrong. It's "telomere" not "Telemore". (Just as an
aside, a Telemore is what certain skiers answer when
asked what they will do when they lose their jobs).

YOu can look at the web site (www.tokous.com) for a
PDF file describing Helx. There is a nice diagram
showing the structure of the fluorocarbon - it's
helical which is why the name is Helx. (Pronounced
Helix).

With the disclaimer that I work for Toko, I will say
that the sad truth is that this wax is unbelievably
fast. (Also very expensive). I knew the stuff was
magic when I shot by Tim Kelley and Audun Endestad on
the first downhill of the Natl Masters 15K skate. I'm
NOT a fast starter and I found myself in the lead of
my wave. Unfortunately, no wax can defy gravity and
they passed me on the uphill.

Rob Bradlee
Toko Tech Team

--- chris esposito
wrote:
I was reading an article about some new and very
expensive Toko spray-on
wax (HelX) on skinnyski.com and the description said
the wax was a
`Fluorine Telemore'. A Google search for the word
`Telemore' yielded
plenty of hits for this word in genetics and cameras
but the only
skiing-related occurences were on the skinnyski site
itself. I recall
that we have a few chemists in this group - is this
description
meaningful to any of you?

Thanks,
Chris

=====
Rob Bradlee
Java, C++, Perl, XML, OOAD, Linux, and Unix Training

Old September 20th 03, 10:51 PM
Bob Creasote

Apparently an extremely fast wax that is more durable and much cheaper than
the Fluor waxes can be found at www.cerax.de It is actually not a wax but a
polymer. The web site explains more and there should be a bit of info if
you search on google.

Hope that helps

Bob