Speed cameras in France

Old November 29th 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Default Speed cameras in France

Anyone know if anything has changed re sharing driver info across
borders recently ?

I was flashed a couple of weeks ago in France doing just over the 110
limit in my Italian reg'd car. Haven't heard anything and normally
wouldn't expect to, but the mechanic who serviced the car recently said
to beware cameras in France, so maybe something changed...

TIA for advice...
Old November 29th 10, 06:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_4_]

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:52:30 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

Anyone know if anything has changed re sharing driver info across
borders recently ?

I was flashed a couple of weeks ago in France doing just over the 110
limit in my Italian reg'd car. Haven't heard anything and normally
wouldn't expect to, but the mechanic who serviced the car recently said
to beware cameras in France, so maybe something changed...

After a recent trip over to the SW of France, during which we were
flashed at least 3 times, I did, for the first time ever, receive a
ticket at my Swiss address (Swiss plates etc.). It was from a
department which borders Switzerland, and the others don't seem to
have chased up, but it's certainly true that they have now started
chasing them up in some cases.

Oddly, it was only 45 Euros, and no points. Although they couldn't put
any points on my Swiss licence anyway (we don't have any such system)
they could have put them on record and totalled up if appropriate for
a ban in France, but they didn't.

Whether it's all of France and the other flashes weren't for us (or
the system couldn't read the smaller Swiss plates) or if it's just
some departments I don't know. Nor do I know if it's only Switzerland
they've started chasing in, but I will look out for them a bit more
carefully in the future.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
Old November 30th 10, 08:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

wrote:

[...]

Interesting. Thanks Ace.
Old March 12th 14, 08:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

wrote:

[...]

As of 2014: French have been chasing up foreign plated cars for some
years now:

Q: Are not the French fixed cameras marked on GPS moving map systems ?
Old March 12th 14, 09:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

No, it's illegal to have themn displayed, certainly on a smartphone app.
and also on Satnavs aiui. I don't think they can even sbow the
"dangerous zones" but not certain of that. Crazy really becuase if you
print a Michelin route map out it will tell you where they are.