Ski Club of Great Britain

Old September 20th 03, 05:03 PM
Alan van Wyk

Default Ski Club of Great Britain

Hi.

I heard via the grape vine that joining SCGB has great perks like
discounted travel, luggage etc etc , on top of the discounted
holidays, ski reps etc.

Could anyone actually tell me what the perks really are. The website
is quite vague as far as advertising the perks and discounts are
concerned, so if a current member could please tell me what the
current deals are I might be tempted to join!! Apparently SCGB allowed
for discounts on Eurostar, Luggage 2 for 1s at snow and rock and so
on, but None of this is mentioned on the main website????

Also, is this club targetted mainly at skiiers or are there many
snowboarding members! I have already booked and paid for my holidays
for the upcoming season, but the other perks sound a little tempting!
Just not sure if they sound £50 tempting!!!

Thanks for the many many responses I am sure I will receive
Alan van Wyk
Old September 21st 03, 08:47 AM
Colin Irvine

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 08:26:53 GMT, Greg Hilton wrote:

(Alan van Wyk) wrote in
. com:

Hi.

I heard via the grape vine that joining SCGB has great perks like
discounted travel, luggage etc etc , on top of the discounted
holidays, ski reps etc.

Could anyone actually tell me what the perks really are.

snip

They also say they have discounted insurance, but I've found similiar
insurance cheaper outside the club.

I thought insurance was included - i.e. one of the benefits. Where's
Ace when you need him? [1]

[1] He might still be recovering from last weekend, when he, I and a
load of other bikers had a bit of a do.

--
Colin Irvine
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Old September 22nd 03, 07:40 AM
Ace

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:47:01 +0100, Colin Irvine
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 08:26:53 GMT, Greg Hilton wrote:

(Alan van Wyk) wrote in
.com:

Hi.

I heard via the grape vine that joining SCGB has great perks like
discounted travel, luggage etc etc , on top of the discounted
holidays, ski reps etc.

Could anyone actually tell me what the perks really are.

snip

They also say they have discounted insurance, but I've found similiar
insurance cheaper outside the club.

I thought insurance was included - i.e. one of the benefits. Where's
Ace when you need him? [1]

No, it's not included. But IME, when I needed seperate travel/winter
sports insurance[1], the Ski Club policy was the cheapest that offered
the required level of cover, but there were/are others which were very
competitive. I was always needing the unlimited days skiing that it
could allow - many other policies limit the number of allowed days,
and hence can offer a lower premium.

[1] He might still be recovering from last weekend, when he, I and a
load of other bikers had a bit of a do.

Bit of a do, you call it? More than a bit, IIRC, which I may not, of
course :-)

As it happens I followed it up with a couple of days with work in
Paris, then over to Normandy for the TOGtours weekend, where many of
the same faces were in attendance.

Finally got home, exhausted after a final 800km ride, about 6.30 last
night, so I've a bit of catching up to do.

[1] Which I don't since I've been over here, as there's statutory
accident cover[2] provided by all Swiss companies.
[2] Which includes _anything_ relating to an accident.
--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Old September 22nd 03, 10:14 PM
Colin Irvine

wrote:

[1] He might still be recovering from last weekend, when he, I and a
load of other bikers had a bit of a do.

Bit of a do, you call it? More than a bit, IIRC, which I may not, of
course :-)

fx: checks photograph of Ace

I'd say it was touch and go ..

--