Level II teaching topics - teaching progressions

Old July 24th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default Level II teaching topics - teaching progressions

I would like to get some sort of outline of good progression lessons for the
various possible teaching tasks for PSIW-NW snowboard Level II certification. I
have passed the written and riding sections of the exam, but did poorly when I
was assigned "off-piste" riding for the second part of my exam. I have not had
formal education on this topic, and have not taught classes on this, and just
did not have a good sequence for the task. I'm sure there are other tasks for
which I may be similarly un-prepared.

I would like to be able to pass this secton of the exam this december, and could
really use some ideas to work on.

Can anyone offer notes, outlines, etc that might help me in my preparation?

Some topic are listed below, but note that one is to "Be prepared to teach any
of the riding tasks".

I have yet to find exactly what the "riding tasks" might include, so advise in
this area would be helpful also.

************************************************** *************************
These topics represent possible teaching scenarios. The examiner is not limited
to these topics. Be prepared to teach any of the riding tasks. Remember to use
timing, intensity duration (TID bits), compliment, analyze, goal, exercise
(CAGE) during the teaching segments.

Basic turns to linked turns

Improve transition from heel-side to toe-side turns and toe-side to heel-side

Dynamic skidded turns to basic carved turns

Certified Level II 37

Linked skidded turns to dynamic skidded turns

Basic bump riding

Introduction to switch riding

Surface 360's

Skidded turns

Skidded turns to children

Session through the park

Introduction to the halfpipe

Bob

Old August 7th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

Bob F wrote:
I would like to get some sort of outline of good progression lessons for the
various possible teaching tasks for PSIW-NW snowboard Level II certification.

As you can tell from the crickets chirping, this is not exactly the best
forum for this question, especially in summer. Suggest you try the
PSIA/AASI web forum, they should be able to help you:

http://www.psia.org/forum/

Neil