Flaine accommodation

Old January 24th 05, 06:19 AM
PG

Default Flaine accommodation

Quick visit to Flaine this weekend, and I'm looking for just a couple of
nights accommodation, Sunday and Monday nights, for two. Any ideas?
Anyone with a studio they could let for a short stay?

Pete

Old January 24th 05, 06:36 AM
Ace

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:19:22 +0100, "PG"
wrote:

Quick visit to Flaine this weekend, and I'm looking for just a couple of
nights accommodation, Sunday and Monday nights, for two. Any ideas?

The 'Cascades' chalet is about the only place you may be able to find
this. The aujon hotel will not take bookings other than Sat-Sat,
although if they have an empty room they'll let it for just a couple
of nights, but not until Saturday's arrived, IYSWIM.

Failing that, there's a number of places in Les Carroz, as you're
probably aware.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 24th 05, 07:08 AM
PG

"Ace" wrote in message
| On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:19:22 +0100, "PG"
| wrote:
|
| Quick visit to Flaine this weekend, and I'm looking for just a couple
of
| nights accommodation, Sunday and Monday nights, for two. Any ideas?
|
| The 'Cascades' chalet is about the only place you may be able to find
| this. The aujon hotel will not take bookings other than Sat-Sat,
| although if they have an empty room they'll let it for just a couple
| of nights, but not until Saturday's arrived, IYSWIM.
|
| Failing that, there's a number of places in Les Carroz, as you're
| probably aware.

Cheers, that's what I thought. Can't find the 'Cascades'. Don't know
anyone who'd let out a studio for a couple of nights by any chance?
Would only be using it to sleep, would leave it exactly as we found it.
Non-smoker. Just there for a couple of kids' races on the Monday and
Tuesday.

Pete

Old January 24th 05, 09:17 AM
Ace

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:08:41 +0100, "PG"
wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
.. .
| On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:19:22 +0100, "PG"
| wrote:
|
| Quick visit to Flaine this weekend, and I'm looking for just a couple
of
| nights accommodation, Sunday and Monday nights, for two. Any ideas?
|
| The 'Cascades' chalet is about the only place you may be able to find
| this. The aujon hotel will not take bookings other than Sat-Sat,
| although if they have an empty room they'll let it for just a couple
| of nights, but not until Saturday's arrived, IYSWIM.
|
| Failing that, there's a number of places in Les Carroz, as you're
| probably aware.

Cheers, that's what I thought. Can't find the 'Cascades'. Don't know
anyone who'd let out a studio for a couple of nights by any chance?
Would only be using it to sleep, would leave it exactly as we found it.
Non-smoker. Just there for a couple of kids' races on the Monday and
Tuesday.

Sorry, it's Cascade singular. From www.flaine.com :-

"Chalet-hotel / ski-guesthouse "La Cascade"

Chalet La Cascade - chalet-hotel / ski-guesthouse
74 300 Flaine - France
Tel. : +33(0)450 908 766 - Fax : +33(0)450 904 634
E-mail :
Website :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr./.flaine

Situated on the pistes just 350 m from the resort centre, guesthouse
Chalet La Cascade extends a warm welcome. Bar-restaurant (self service
at lunchtime and table service for dinner), open fire, panoramic
terrace, solarium, television room, Internet connection. Near to all
the resort services and activities.
La Cascade is situated on the slopes. Arrival and departure transfers
to the chalet by tracked vehicle or snowmobile from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m."

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 24th 05, 02:29 PM
Steve

Speak do Sandrine (SP?) at Astrid Immoblier +33 (0)04 50 90 86 41

We have rented apartments off them just for a weekend/few days regularly
in the past. As long as it's not peak French school holiday season,
they're always happy to help.

Try to get one in "Aldebaran" if poss as it's by far the most
convenient... right next to the DMC lift.

Steve

news

Old January 25th 05, 05:16 AM
PG

Thanks for the suggestions...

Pete

Old January 28th 05, 02:53 PM
PG

"Steve" wrote in message
| Speak do Sandrine (SP?) at Astrid Immoblier +33 (0)04 50 90 86 41
|
| We have rented apartments off them just for a weekend/few days
regularly
| in the past. As long as it's not peak French school holiday season,
| they're always happy to help.
|
| Try to get one in "Aldebaran" if poss as it's by far the most
| convenient... right next to the DMC lift.
|
| Steve

Just to confirm I've just booked a studio through Astrid Immo for a
short stay, so many thanks again for the pointer Steve. Couldn't get the
Aldebaran, we're in something that sounded like the "Andromède" - no
idea where it is.

Pete

Old January 28th 05, 03:07 PM
pete devlin

In message , PG
writes
we're in something that sounded like the "Andromède" - no idea where it
is.

It's immediately obvious as you go along the main drag. Maybe 100m from
the slope.
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old January 28th 05, 05:51 PM
PG

"pete devlin" wrote in message
| In message , PG

| writes
| we're in something that sounded like the "Andromède" - no idea where
it
| is.
|
| It's immediately obvious as you go along the main drag. Maybe 100m
from
| the slope.

Cheers Pete. Never been to Flaine.

Pete

Old February 8th 05, 02:28 PM
Steve

PG, how was the trip/accomodation ?... Did Astrid deliver OK ?

If memory serves, Andromède in up in Foret so probably a bit of a hike
to the slopes...

Steve

"PG" wrote in message
news
"Steve" wrote in message
| Speak do Sandrine (SP?) at Astrid Immoblier +33 (0)04 50 90 86 41
|
| We have rented apartments off them just for a weekend/few days
regularly
| in the past. As long as it's not peak French school holiday season,
| they're always happy to help.
|
| Try to get one in "Aldebaran" if poss as it's by far the most
| convenient... right next to the DMC lift.
|
| Steve

Just to confirm I've just booked a studio through Astrid Immo for a
short stay, so many thanks again for the pointer Steve. Couldn't get the

Aldebaran, we're in something that sounded like the "Andromède" - no
idea where it is.

Pete

Hotels for a weekend in Flaine J.B. Memascii European Ski Resorts 20 March 12th 04 09:28 AM
Flaine recommendations Jeremy Mortimer European Ski Resorts 1 February 23rd 04 09:56 AM
Accommodation in Cortina/Passo Tonale/Maddonna di Campligio? Matthew Chalk European Ski Resorts 0 January 2nd 04 08:07 PM
Accommodation AEC European Ski Resorts 1 October 24th 03 07:48 AM
Flaine, Morzine or Chamonix for nightlife? ash European Ski Resorts 4 August 19th 03 10:48 AM