DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

Old August 15th 03, 11:15 PM
lal truckee

Default TLAs was: DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

The Real Bev wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:

I have to admit that the more I saw of Gore in '00, the less I liked
him, and I'm a Democrat. He seems quite hardened and cynical, like a
person who would say anything he thinks would get him votes.

But soft-headed because he thought that nobody would notice.

I cringed every time the guy did that idiotic arm swing while announcing
in his weakling's forceful voice: "I will fight for you!" I figure he
lost the election right there - only took a few hundred voters cringing
along with me, down in Florida.

Or maybe he didn't spend enough time on the slopes? Yeah! That was it.
If he had skied more he'd be president. A sure thing.

Old August 16th 03, 12:04 AM
pigo

"klaus" wrote in message

I would hope my tax
money supports critical dialog, otherwise media will end up as a mish
mash of trivial 15 second blurbs of no value, kinda like the
commercial stations.

And that would be great if you could send your money to whom you wish
and get free books. But then my money that goes to the military would
only protect those that do the same. Public radio is garbage.

Old August 18th 03, 05:30 PM
Dave Stallard

Walt wrote:

Trivia question: Prior to GHWB, who was the last siting VP to be
elected president? I think you have to go back a hundred years or so.

Plenty more than a hundred. I think it was Martin van Buren, in 1836.

Dave
Old August 18th 03, 06:51 PM
pigo

"klaus" wrote in message
pigo wrote:
And that would be great if you could send your money to whom you

wish
and get free books.

Why not just buy the books? Give your mony to Araian Nations.. that
kinda thing.

I suppose if one is free to give "mony" to jesse jackson another should
be free to give to Aryan Nations. Or is that too much freedom for your
taste?

Old August 18th 03, 09:51 PM
Richard Henry

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
Walt wrote:

Did ya see O'Reileys explanition of why he's suing?

It's one of the most comical things I've read in a while.

He actually says
"...trying to hurt a business or a person because you disagree
with what they say is simply unacceptable in America. "

As if filing a frivolous nuisance lawsuit against someone 'cause you
don't like what they say isn't the same thing. Mr. "No Spin" is
spinning around so fast I'm expecting to see pea soup start spewing from
his mouth ala Linda Blair. Question for the biologists: Is thin skin
genetically linked to having a big mouth?

The Wall St. Journal had quite a sendup of the lawsuit on their famously
conservative Editorial page:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110003890

as did the Chicago Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...137aug18.story

I am anxiously awaiting Fox and Franken quotes from the court proceedings.
And the judge may look for an opportunity to speak Memorable Words.

I assume there will still be court proceedings. If Fox drops the suit now,
it will be worse no-spin than losing.

Old August 18th 03, 11:15 PM
bdubya

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:41:23 -0400, Walt
wrote:
(snip)
It'll probably be dismissed without an oral proceeding.

Which will be proof of the pervasive elitist liberal bias of the
courts. And will spare Bill from having to issue a public retraction
of his lies (which he still has not done).

bw
Old August 19th 03, 12:00 AM
The Real Bev

klaus wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Dialog requires two participants with differint viewpoints. Doesn't
happen on NPR, just a lot of liberals patting one another on the back for
their virtue.

Your attention span is too short then.

Probably. Why waste what I have left on crap?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old August 19th 03, 12:16 AM
pigo

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
Walt wrote:

Franken has recently been described as a "C-level political
commentator" who is "increasingly unfunny."

Described by whom, I wonder? Fox TV news commentators? Bwahahahah!

You do have a point there. How does one become "increasingly unfunny"
from not funny to start with?

What a joke this thing is! There's absolutely nothing they could

have
done to give Franken better press and give him more book sales. What

bunch of turkeys!

When it comes to an issue of principal, like the term "Fair and
Balanced" being associated with FNC, and being protected as such, and
frankens use of it to attempt to appear to be endorsed by FNC, the
effect on sales isn't an issue.

Old August 19th 03, 03:04 AM
bdubya

Walt wrote:

Franken has recently been described as a "C-level political
commentator" who is "increasingly unfunny."

Described by whom, I wonder? Fox TV news commentators? Bwahahahah!

You do have a point there. How does one become "increasingly unfunny"
from not funny to start with?

What a joke this thing is! There's absolutely nothing they could

have
done to give Franken better press and give him more book sales. What

bunch of turkeys!

When it comes to an issue of principal, like the term "Fair and
Balanced" being associated with FNC,

Good point; they really are pretty vulnerable on the "deceptive
advertising" issue, there.

bw