Les Carroz / Atomic fat skis

Old January 14th 04, 11:23 AM
Steve Haigh

Default Les Carroz / Atomic fat skis

I'm heading to Les Carroz next week, can anyone recommend a good ski
shop there? I'm looking to demo/buy rather than rent.

I'm actually after a pair of Atomic Sugar Daddy skis (or similar) -
anyone actually tried these? So far I'm going on appearance alone! I
want something fairly fat for off-piste, crud etc.

Cheers,
Steve
Old January 14th 04, 11:50 AM
Ian Spare

Steve Haigh wrote:
I'm heading to Les Carroz next week, can anyone recommend a good ski
shop there? I'm looking to demo/buy rather than rent.

I'm actually after a pair of Atomic Sugar Daddy skis (or similar) -
anyone actually tried these? So far I'm going on appearance alone! I
want something fairly fat for off-piste, crud etc.

There's an atomic test center at Flaine,
http://www.flaineskihire.com/servicesen.htm

I have some BetaRides 11.22's I tested and bought there last season.
They're pretty good with email so you can probably arrange it ahead of time.

They'll hang onto your skis for you so coming from Les Carroz shouldn't
be a problem.

In fact I'd be interested to try some myself if they carry them...

Ian
Old January 14th 04, 02:50 PM
Steve Haigh

Ian Spare wrote:

Steve Haigh wrote:

I'm heading to Les Carroz next week, can anyone recommend a good ski
shop there? I'm looking to demo/buy rather than rent.

I'm actually after a pair of Atomic Sugar Daddy skis (or similar) -
anyone actually tried these? So far I'm going on appearance alone! I
want something fairly fat for off-piste, crud etc.

There's an atomic test center at Flaine,
http://www.flaineskihire.com/servicesen.htm

I have some BetaRides 11.22's I tested and bought there last season.
They're pretty good with email so you can probably arrange it ahead of
time.

They'll hang onto your skis for you so coming from Les Carroz shouldn't
be a problem.

In fact I'd be interested to try some myself if they carry them...

Ian

Excellent, thanks for that. I'm at work now so I'll surf there straight
away, ahem, I mean I'll note that down and have a look later.

I'm not even sure you can get Sugar Daddies in Europe (you can't get
them in the UK AFAIK), but if you can they might come into their own
with all this deep slush around.
Old January 14th 04, 02:53 PM
Ian Spare

Steve Haigh wrote:

Ian Spare wrote:

Steve Haigh wrote:

[...]

You mean perform some quality assurance testing on the internet link :-)

I'm not even sure you can get Sugar Daddies in Europe (you can't get
them in the UK AFAIK), but if you can they might come into their own
with all this deep slush around.

You might try the 11.22's as well for slush, they can blast through most
stuff.

Let's see what it's like, I should be in the Grand Massif next week
sometime myself.

Ian
Old January 14th 04, 06:11 PM
Bob C

"Ian Spare" wrote in message
news:bu3omj$dnao6$1@ID- You might try the 11.22's as well for slush, they
can blast through most
stuff.

Let's see what it's like, I should be in the Grand Massif next week
sometime myself.

Ian

Being a regular there have you any idea where the best snow is likely to be
given the rain they seem to have been suffering from.
I am off with my wife a week tommorow for a few days to Samoens and have
never been to this area before. I was wandering where the best conditions
are likely to be other than 'High'

Cheers
Bob

Old January 14th 04, 07:08 PM
Ian Spare

Bob C wrote:
"Ian Spare" wrote in message
news:bu3omj$dnao6$1@ID- You might try the 11.22's as well for slush, they
can blast through most

stuff.

Let's see what it's like, I should be in the Grand Massif next week
sometime myself.

Ian

Being a regular there have you any idea where the best snow is likely to be
given the rain they seem to have been suffering from.
I am off with my wife a week tommorow for a few days to Samoens and have
never been to this area before. I was wandering where the best conditions
are likely to be other than 'High'

The area above Flaine is the most reliable of course. I've not skied in
the Grand Massif since the first weekend of the year, we've been out
locally since then so the conditions will have altered a little.

Looking at the reports though I had the impression that there was still
some amount closed above Flaine though but it's pretty high so there's
been some good snowfall by all accounts higher up. It's always good
above Samoens below the Tete des Saix and I really like the area round
Morillon and Les Carroz. It's not such a large are that you'll not be
able to take a look around and see yourself.

I'm a little vague when I'll next be there, 23-25 Jan for sure but maybe
this weekend or sometime in the week work permitting. I'll post an update.

Ian

old skis John General 0 January 6th 04 04:15 AM
olin skis jintsfan General 1 December 9th 03 02:55 AM
Bit off-topic question about ski's Marinus European Ski Resorts 28 November 27th 03 12:36 PM
Atomic Don, Samonon Definition, Rossi Myth - any comments Ian Turek Snowboarding 4 October 27th 03 08:46 PM
any experience with atomic boards? [email protected] Snowboarding 4 October 7th 03 07:55 PM