Colorado drought continues, snowfall below normal

Old January 12th 04, 02:51 PM
cindy

Default Colorado drought continues, snowfall below normal

1/01/2004

Snowfall below normal:
BEAVER CREEKK VILLAGE 84 % of average
BERTHOUD SUMMIT 84 % of average
COPPER MOUNTAIN 74 % of average
GRIZZLY PEAK/Araphoe Basin 66 % of average
VAIL MOUNTAIN 84 % of average
LOVELAND BASIN 73 % of average

ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/co.txt

Old January 12th 04, 03:01 PM
MattB

cindy wrote:
1/01/2004

Snowfall below normal:
BEAVER CREEKK VILLAGE 84 % of average
BERTHOUD SUMMIT 84 % of average
COPPER MOUNTAIN 74 % of average
GRIZZLY PEAK/Araphoe Basin 66 % of average
VAIL MOUNTAIN 84 % of average
LOVELAND BASIN 73 % of average

ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/co.txt

Yeah, but here in the Gunnison river basin we're at 119% Woo-hoo!

Got some nice turns in at CB and Monarch over the weekend.

Matt

Old January 12th 04, 03:16 PM
Chester Bullock

cindy wrote:

1/01/2004

Snowfall below normal:
BEAVER CREEKK VILLAGE 84 % of average
BERTHOUD SUMMIT 84 % of average
COPPER MOUNTAIN 74 % of average
GRIZZLY PEAK/Araphoe Basin 66 % of average
VAIL MOUNTAIN 84 % of average
LOVELAND BASIN 73 % of average

ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/co.txt

Go to the link above and you will see that the latest numbers are dated
1/12. Yes, we are still below average, but what does it really matter?
If you look at the data for other states, such as UT, NV and CA, they
also have areas that are below average. Woop-de-do. I am not afraid to
take my skis out. And I have never really had a 'bad' day of skiing
anyhow. It is all in your mind...
----------------------
Chester

Skiers do it with poles

Old January 12th 04, 03:58 PM
AstroPax

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:51:32 CST, "cindy"
wrote:

1/01/2004

Snowfall below normal:
BEAVER CREEKK VILLAGE 84 % of average
BERTHOUD SUMMIT 84 % of average
COPPER MOUNTAIN 74 % of average
GRIZZLY PEAK/Araphoe Basin 66 % of average
VAIL MOUNTAIN 84 % of average
LOVELAND BASIN 73 % of average

ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/co.txt

Someone needs to hit the browser "refresh" button, dumbass.

-Astro

Old January 12th 04, 04:21 PM
lal_truckee

cindy wrote:

1/01/2004

Snowfall below normal:
BEAVER CREEKK VILLAGE 84 % of average
BERTHOUD SUMMIT 84 % of average
COPPER MOUNTAIN 74 % of average
GRIZZLY PEAK/Araphoe Basin 66 % of average
VAIL MOUNTAIN 84 % of average
LOVELAND BASIN 73 % of average

ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/co.txt

All the Sierra basins are above average.
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/ca.txt

WHICH ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! Come on Ullr! Get with the program! We want
more dumpage. Maybe if I tell Skadi about what you've been doing on your
nights out with Thor and Loki; you know what she thinks of Loki, and how
much trouble you got in last time...

Old January 12th 04, 04:28 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-01-12, Chester Bullock penned:

Go to the link above and you will see that the latest numbers are
dated 1/12. Yes, we are still below average, but what does it really
matter? If you look at the data for other states, such as UT, NV and
CA, they also have areas that are below average. Woop-de-do. I am
not afraid to take my skis out. And I have never really had a 'bad'
day of skiing anyhow. It is all in your mind...

We spent the weekend at Winter Park ... no fresh snow whatsoever. Still
had a great time. I won't deny that a good snow dump would have made it
even better, though ...

--
monique

Old January 12th 04, 08:00 PM
Sam Seiber

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
We spent the weekend at Winter Park ... no fresh snow whatsoever. Still
had a great time. I won't deny that a good snow dump would have made it
even better, though ...

Loveland, Sunday 1/11-'bout the only runs I didn't care for were the
black
runs under chair 1. Still some granite to dodge. Other than that, the
snow felt fine, and I had a *real* good time.

Sam "Still need some snow to cover the granite on the steep stuff"
Seiber

Old January 13th 04, 04:44 PM
BoftheW

In article , Chester Bullock
says...

cindy wrote:

1/01/2004

Snowfall below normal:
BEAVER CREEKK VILLAGE 84 % of average
BERTHOUD SUMMIT 84 % of average
COPPER MOUNTAIN 74 % of average
GRIZZLY PEAK/Araphoe Basin 66 % of average
VAIL MOUNTAIN 84 % of average
LOVELAND BASIN 73 % of average

ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/co.txt

Go to the link above and you will see that the latest numbers are dated
1/12. Yes, we are still below average, but what does it really matter?
If you look at the data for other states, such as UT, NV and CA, they
also have areas that are below average. Woop-de-do. I am not afraid to
take my skis out. And I have never really had a 'bad' day of skiing
anyhow. It is all in your mind...
----------------------
Chester

Skiers do it with poles

It makes a BIG difference when you equate snowfall to powder. Clearly, UT has
MANY more BIG powder days than CO this year

BoftheW

Old January 13th 04, 05:07 PM
MattB

BoftheW wrote:
In article , Chester
Bullock says...

cindy wrote:

[...]

That's true almost every year. It's nature's way of compensating for the
over abundance of religious zealots you have to put up with in Utah.

Matt (living in godless Western Co)