Custom Fit Liners

Old December 11th 03, 11:45 AM
Neil Walker

Default Custom Fit Liners

Hi,

I purchased a pair of Salomon Evolution Performa 9x boots a few years ago
with custom fit liners. I had them fitted at the time I bought them and was
told that they were good for plenty of refits. I've never done this.
Should I?

Regards
Neil

Old December 11th 03, 07:15 PM
Ian Wilson

Hi Neil,

Depends what type of custom fit you have. Also, it depends on whether you
feel that the liner has got too loose over the years

If it is one of the 'Conformable' foam injected ones then it is probably
beyond being redone as the structure of the foam would collapse.

If it is one of the 'Zipfit' liners with the cork and resin mix then that
can be reheated in the little oven available at most boot fitters. That will
melt the reisin and allow the mixture to reform around the foot and lower
leg. Additional cork-resin material can be injected around the heels, ankles
and tongues if necessary at a small extra cost.

Alternatively, It could be one of the 'Confor'fit' liners which I think can
be reheated and used again.

If you're in the UK, I work in Snow&Rock (Chertsey) so if you need anything
give us a call to find out (No obligation!).

Cheers,

Ian

custom vs custom X copek Snowboarding 0 April 29th 04 01:23 PM
Custom FreeStyle Snowboard NBodem Snowboarding 3 February 6th 04 06:52 PM
2001 burton custom graphics peeling Wyatt Wong Snowboarding 3 December 9th 03 12:31 PM
Comapre/Contrast Timeless and Custom jeff Snowboarding 1 September 10th 03 04:25 PM
Burton custom 166 with boot size 11 Cibi Snowboarding 6 August 28th 03 04:34 PM