Awesome All-Round BC Ski!

Old February 17th 05, 04:20 PM
kdsorenson

Default Awesome All-Round BC Ski!

I spent quite a bit of time consulting a lot of people, including many
of you and reading many different reviews when looking for a pair of
new skis. I needed something that would work on old roads and trails,
in deep powder with a pack, uphill and downhill at high elevations.
I've always waxed but found that difficult here at elevation on many
days for a variety of reasons due to weather, thaw, freeze, wind, etc.

I tried several skis but long story short...I was told to steer away
from Alpinas because while they were good climbers, they are also
considered slow, etc.

I love 'em! I go straight up hills in both tracks and fresh snow. I
have plenty of speed through the trees and down slopes with and without
a pack. Don't be afraid to try 'em out! The price was very
reasonable, dang near cheap. So far, they've worked well for me in
every situation that I've put them in. I'm a 175 lb agressive skier. I
matched them with Rott. BC auto-bindings and Alpina 1550 boots.
They've brought a lot of fun back to BC skiing for me. Thanks!