fake oakley. not as described

Old November 17th 04, 06:39 PM
bri719

Chet Hayes wrote:

The thing I learned was that in using rating services, it's important
to look at some of the recent actual vendor reviews, not just the
summary rating. Had I done that with Buy.com, I never would have
placed the order.

wow, interesting....and yeah I've used something like bizrate before
too. I wonder what the hell Buy.com's problem is. since they're a
company local to me, I hear about them a lot more than I might
otherwise. they lost the whole battle with Amazon.com when the big .com
boom happened, but I knew they were still around and (theoretically)
working well on a smaller level. I noticed quirks with their website
before, but no matter. sounds like a supply problem...I bet their
system isn't really efficient enough to deal with a bunch of orders that
they can't fill, and they get backlogged with refunds. if one or two
don't get credited correctly, "oh well" (they probably say). but
something should definitely have been done for you. I've never dealt
with their customer service, is it e-mail only? I bet most of their
good reviews have never had to use customer service at all, and thats
why they simply check the "happy face". they got their item, on
time...good enough.

you should definitely e-mail the President or CEO of the company as well
if you're having that bad of an issue. I bet you'd get a response, as
opposed to none at all like you've gotten so far.

by the way I agree with you on the ratings thing. it's the same way on
eBay. most people think nothing of 1 or 2 bad feedback if the person
has dozens or over a hundred backing it up. but you really have to READ
the bad feedback to see exactly who you're going to be dealing with. I
think most people don't really even think of that....just get focused on
the item and how badly they might want it. but as it is right now I
might start using Paypal less and less, I'm thinking....just for the
reasons you and I stated. it's too risky, and costs too much
considering that high of a risk.

there are other services out there, btw. for example Western Union also
handles online payments. but they charge the buyer about $1. USPS
costs 90c for a money order but you have to go to the P.O. or find a
letter carrier (yeah, I actually read on USPS.com that they can sell you
one....weird).

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *