Mammoth buying SS/BM?

Old August 31st 14, 01:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Mammoth buying SS/BM?

There is a rumor floating around that Mammoth Resort (or whatever the entity is called that runs Mammoth and June) is negotiating to buy up the Snow Summit - Bear Mountain combine.

I recall a couple of years back when Mammoth was having a tough snow year that Big Bear for most of the winter had the best skiing in the state.

Old August 31st 14, 02:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 08/30/2014 06:59 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
There is a rumor floating around that Mammoth Resort (or whatever the
entity is called that runs Mammoth and June) is negotiating to buy up
the Snow Summit - Bear Mountain combine.

Crap. I kept meaning to find out how much it would cost to buy in just
so we could get a good parking place when Something Unforeseen Happens
and we arrive late. Even the handicapped places suck.

I recall a couple of years back when Mammoth was having a tough snow
year that Big Bear for most of the winter had the best skiing in the
state.

Was that perhaps LAST year?

--
Cheers, Bev
Always carry a length of fiber-optic cable in your pocket. Should
Old August 31st 14, 05:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Saturday, August 30, 2014 7:51:39 PM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

When I first looked into buying Snow Summit stock in the 90's, I found that if you bought 100 shares or more you got a free season pass every year. At the time, it was selling for more than $200 a share, and not listed on the big markets.
Old August 31st 14, 06:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Rumor mod 1 -

The prospective buyer is Ed Roski, LA real estate king, who recently bought the 87-acre Rodeo Grounds lot west of June Lake that was at the center of Intrawest's aborted attempt to spruce up June Mt. He will be the owner of record, and hire Mammoth management to run the Big Bear operation.

I don't see why he couldn't just keep the existing management team in place, unless they are planning some big capital infusement.

More lifts? More trails (at Bear Mt, anyway)? An interconnecting sky way lift along the ridge?? A monorail link direct to LAX?
Old August 31st 14, 12:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Goober Jones

So much for the hot date, eh? LOL.
Old August 31st 14, 01:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Goober Jones

Did you show up in this outfit?
Http://www.parrot.net/bestofbert/lardass.jpg
Old August 31st 14, 04:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:10:15 AM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

And remember, I saw your wife.

Hey, BMH, show us a picture of YOUR wife. Hell, show us a picture of ANY woman you've had a long-term relationship with -- besides your mother, who does not count, no matter what the two of you did with each other; and besides Anthea, who never let you get to first base.

Come to think of it, Anthea is probably the best woman you never had.

k2maven
Old August 31st 14, 04:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Goober Jones

ROTFLAO, Are you that desperate? You do know the post time shows up in the headers, right?
By the way, do you want to hear her description of you? It went like this, "Don't you ever expose the
family to someone like that again. I would not allow anything that smelled or looked like that in our house!. Where
Did you find that disgusting creature." 10 years, baby, time is ticking.
Old August 31st 14, 04:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Goober Jones

Jeffy is the closest thing in the last ten years. Just his type, Chubby, lives in a trailer and wears
Spandex shorts.
Old August 31st 14, 05:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sunday, August 31, 2014 12:22:22 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

Holy ****, you deranged asshole. In the first place, I wouldn't **** Anthea
with your dick. Oooops, sorry, you don't have one. Clue time. One of the
reasons that vicious, incredibly fugly bitch launched her terrorism campaign
was out of rage. Hell hath no fury like a fat pig scorned.

Actually, this whole mess started because you gave Anthea a pair of OLINs and a ride to Whistler on a 1999 invasion, and you expected sex from her in exchange.

She refused the deal, returned the skis, and desperately wanted to escape your objectionable company and get home unmolested.

You were unable to tolerate Anthea's rejection. I'd guess -- you placed Anthe's rejection of your amorous advances at the same level you placed your mother's rejection of you when she dumped you into that foster home. You instantly hated Anthea with that same laser-hot burning intensity that you hated your mother, and you've never been able to put it behind you.

It's almost sad how you've let this hatred of Anthea ruin your life, but you deserve the same amount of pity we feel if we step on a pillbug -- or if we dump salt on a banana slug, watch it explode and melt, and say, "awww, poor litle slug. BWAHAHAHHAHAAHHA!!"

You could end this terrible pain that is your pathetic life, Scott, but only if you wanted to.

Anna

Buying used ski mm Alpine Skiing 5 March 5th 07 12:34 PM
Buying skis Matt T European Ski Resorts 20 September 29th 05 04:55 PM
buying new ski ? [email protected] Alpine Skiing 1 March 16th 05 02:49 PM
ski buying advice S P Alpine Skiing 8 November 5th 03 02:00 PM
buying epuiment Sam Henderson Snowboarding 3 August 11th 03 10:47 AM