Knee integrity

Old December 10th 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
nogodforme

Default Knee integrity

On Dec 5, 1:51 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
50% of all people north of 49th parallel are likely Vit D deficient. I base
this on testing all of our patients in our medical clinic in Edmonton for
Vit D over a period of 10 years. I am a p/t ski instructor, so I am outside
am's in the sunshine when I am not at the clinic, and I was surprised to
learn I was deficient. I believe sincerely that the degenerative changes in
my lower back are related to this. Knee OA can be partially prevented in
skiers by ensuring adequate Vit D intake. Inexpensive liquid drops are best.
Two glasses of milk/day do not cut it even tho' it says so on the label..

Good luck with your meniscusees and happy carving!

Knee survived.
Park City Resort was amazing. Now I know why they call it the best
snow on earth.
Went snowboarding for 3 hours, both knee caps were sore. Switched to
skis. Quads were sore the rest of the day. Only skied a couple
hours. Came back the next day, and skied 3 more hours.
"Home Run" trail is really nice. Yes, it's green, but 3.5 miles
long. Parts of it are more like a blue square.

Came home, saw the knee doctor. They said the sore knee caps happen
when snowboarding. They said everything is fine, I'm not going to
damage it by skiing, but the surgery is still needed to smooth out the
tear.

So I'm going to Breckenridge January 17-20, then having surgery when I
get back.

Ice down your knee caps each night. Bring zips lock bags, fill them
with ice, and put them on your knees.

knee update xx down_hill Alpine Skiing 3 August 17th 06 02:29 AM
Knee Protecting Bindings Dwight Alpine Skiing 7 March 18th 05 06:02 PM
Skiing after knee reconstruction paul j Alpine Skiing 23 December 20th 04 07:02 PM
Knee injury while *standing still* - well, almost. FGreen General 7 March 4th 04 12:57 PM
Chester Bullock's "Integrity" scottabe Alpine Skiing 0 September 15th 03 02:47 PM