Knee integrity

Old November 17th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

Default Knee integrity

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

I've discovered that listening to music by people I've never heard
of is generally unpleasant. I blame it on the Beatles.

Who are "the Beatles"? Should I have heard of them or it or whatever?

Would that I could say the same.

Let me guess - is it a banjo band? Accordian?

Assh*le!

be nice.
Old November 21st 09, 06:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Ted Waldron wrote:

Anyway, why do you care what I observe, I am a crazy in your opinion.
What is with the neurosis and paranoia?

You'd think he'd be too busy what with playing Cameron in Modern Family.

Good to see he has a job and has finally come out.

Here's a pic in his football uniform:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3857288704/nm0832314
Old November 21st 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
BrritSki wrote:

Ted Waldron wrote:

Anyway, why do you care what I observe, I am a crazy in your opinion.
What is with the neurosis and paranoia?

You'd think he'd be too busy what with playing Cameron in Modern Family.

Good to see he has a job and has finally come out.

Here's a pic in his football uniform:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3857288704/nm0832314

Is that "Al Bundy" behind him? I LOVE that guy! He makes anything he's
in better. He's like the Archer Midland Daniels of acting.
Old November 21st 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Nov 20, 7:56*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article
,

*twobuddha wrote:
BTW, I keep my basketball knees functioning by staying out of the
bumps as much as possible. *Put too much abuse on the cartilage
playing basketball and football, you pay for it later. *(But they
function just fine, Wack Job Waldron).

* Um, you had the signs and symptoms of diabetic neuropathy,

Um, you have the signs of delusional insanity. Considering I am
frequently tested, and there is little neuropathy, methinks you not
only are projecting some sort of insane fantasy (Show the post, Ted)
but your brain has neuropathy.

Scooter, I
wasn't commenting on your knees. The slow walking gait, the sort of duck
waddle, and improper foot placement, basically you have peripheral nerve
to polyneuropathy .

I'd have been happy to waddle up to your dickless ass, freak, but you
didn't have the balls to even say hello.
Another delusion. A wack job who thinks he saw me walking and
apparently is more of an expert than my doctors.
Holy ****, freak, you really are nuts.

* *It happens to people who don't control their diabetes or don't
maintain their weight over a long period. * Diabetics with diabetic
neuropathy have a distinct slower pace, and they place their feet
differently because they can't feel them or they feel sharp pain putting
pressure on their feet. *Also, they could have nerve damage to their leg
muscles, which give the waddle effect.

My diabetes is under excellent control, thank you, and my weight has
been steady at about 240-250 for five years.
Looks like you have another delusion, freak. Sorta like when you lied
to the cops and a judge and categorically stated I had threatened you.
Show the post, freak.

http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/DM/pub...opathies/#what

Anyway, why do you care what I observe, I am a crazy in your opinion.
What is with the neurosis and paranoia?

Crazy in the opinion of a judge and a cop, too, wack job. What is
with your delusion that you are a medical professional?
And of course, what is with your Nutdicklesspathy?
We always knew you were a pathetic coward, freak. But to have claimed
to see me, in such horrible condition (delusions are truly
entertaining)
and be so cowardly, so craven that you don't even have the nads to
spew this **** in person......well, what do I expect from you?
Took a nice walk around Greenlake this afternoon. No pain, no
hobbling, certainly not a waddle.
Indeed, I'm certain YOU waddles after you saw me (which you didn't,
but delusions are powerful). People tend to waddle when they crap
their pants, coward.
Old November 21st 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Nov 20, 11:55*pm, BrritSki wrote:
Ted Waldron wrote:

Anyway, why do you care what I observe, I am a crazy in your opinion.
What is with the neurosis and paranoia?

You'd think he'd be too busy what with playing Cameron in Modern Family.

Good to see he has a job and has finally come out.

Here's a pic in his football uniform:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3857288704/nm0832314

Hate to tell you this, you dickless freak, but I don't own a single
item of football paraphenalia.
Another cheap shot from a pathetic coward who joined Ted Waldron in
committing felonies, lying to a cop and a judge, and hiding like
liddle bitches ever since.
Old November 28th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

About 50% of Canadians are Vit D defici
"Yabahoobs" wrote in message
Curious how you ol' cats keep the knees in tip-top skiin' shape.

(This threads for you Gonar)

Old December 1st 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
nogodforme

On Nov 28, 12:51 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
About 50% of Canadians are Vit D defici"Yabahoobs" wrote in message

Curious how you ol' cats keep the knees in tip-top skiin' shape.

(This threads for you Gonar)

This thread got derailed. Anyway, I went to see 2 orthopedic
surgeons. My knee has a torn meniscus. Think of your finger nail
and what happens if you tear it. If the tear is sticking up, then
the knee locks. If it's flat then everything is ok until something
worse. That's what happened with me. I've got a tear but it's
not that bad. I need regular surgery so the surgeon can go in a
smooth it out. When people have screwed up knees and don't have
surgery, the torn part rubs against the bones and it leads to
arthritis.

I'm going skiing this weekend at Park City, then to Breckenridge in
January. I already went cable water skiing a few times and the
knee was fine, just had to ice it down each night. Still gets sore
and I favor the other leg when walking, but I'm going skiing before
the surgery. Better to have it smoothed out after I go skiing.

Doctor said the recovery time is about 2 weeks.
Old December 1st 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

nogodforme wrote:
On Nov 28, 12:51 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
About 50% of Canadians are Vit D defici"Yabahoobs" wrote in message

Curious how you ol' cats keep the knees in tip-top skiin' shape.
(This threads for you Gonar)

This thread got derailed. Anyway, I went to see 2 orthopedic
surgeons. My knee has a torn meniscus. Think of your finger nail
and what happens if you tear it. If the tear is sticking up, then
the knee locks. If it's flat then everything is ok until something
worse. That's what happened with me. I've got a tear but it's
not that bad. I need regular surgery so the surgeon can go in a
smooth it out.

Tell me more about this 'regular' surgery. I don't see
any surgeon recommending anyone having surgery more
than once for a condition unless the first surgery didn't
go so well. The surgeon should be able to smooth it out
once and for all, or remove the piece which is sticking up,
or rebuild the meniscus from other body parts, but
repeated surgery as a general rule? I'd get yet another
opinion.

When people have screwed up knees and don't have
surgery, the torn part rubs against the bones and it leads to
arthritis.

This should read, "When people have a torn meniscus
and don't have surgery, the torn part rubs against
the bones and leads to arthritis." There are other
ways to screw up a knee. I have no ACL in one knee,
there is no rubbing against bone. There is something
with the other knee and a bit of arthritis seems to
be developing there, but not in "screwed-up" knee.

I'm going skiing this weekend at Park City, then to Breckenridge in
January. I already went cable water skiing a few times and the
knee was fine, just had to ice it down each night. Still gets sore
and I favor the other leg when walking, but I'm going skiing before
the surgery. Better to have it smoothed out after I go skiing.

Doctor said the recovery time is about 2 weeks.

This must be arthroscopic surgery? If so, 2 weeks is
probably OK.

If there is any way to get your knee pain-free, please
try to have this done. Favoring one leg can lead to
one hip being higher than the other. This then leads
to a curving spine which leads to all types of
problems including chronic pain. If you can't be
pain-free, figure out a way to walk so that you don't
favor one leg over the other.

When the adjacent trauma surrounding the snapping of
my ACL was healing, I couldn't straighten my leg. I
wasn't too pretty walking but I could ski fine. Oh,
BTW, my knees are 67 years old.
Old December 3rd 09, 07:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
nogodforme

Doctor said the recovery time is about 2 weeks.

This must be arthroscopic surgery? If so, 2 weeks is
probably OK.

Yes, that is correct. I had arthroscopic done on both knees 13 years
ago. I'll have it done on my right knee in February after my ski
trips. What the doctor does is drill 3 holes into the knee, and put
a probe in where he can see everything. They smooth out the meniscus
taking about 10%. The meniscus does not grow back, you only have 1
and that's it. So every time someone screws up their knee and goes
in for arthroscopic surgery, approximately 10% of the meniscus is
being removed. That number is not exact, but you get the idea.
They're smoothing it out just like filing down a finger nail, except
the meniscus does not grow.

I'll be fine because I've got everything scheduled. The steps to
get your knee fixed are
Have good insurance
See on orthopedic surgeon and tell him your knee hurts
He'll authorize an MRI
Get the MRI done
Nurses will set up a date
Get a physical from your primary doctor 2 weeks before surgery
Go have the surgery

They don't completely knock you out, but you're pretty much gone,
meaning they don't have to incubate, but they do put something in the
throat to keep the tongue from going down the throat. 13 years ago,
I was completely knocked out, now it's different.
Old December 5th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

50% of all people north of 49th parallel are likely Vit D deficient. I base
this on testing all of our patients in our medical clinic in Edmonton for
Vit D over a period of 10 years. I am a p/t ski instructor, so I am outside
am's in the sunshine when I am not at the clinic, and I was surprised to
learn I was deficient. I believe sincerely that the degenerative changes in
my lower back are related to this. Knee OA can be partially prevented in
skiers by ensuring adequate Vit D intake. Inexpensive liquid drops are best.
Two glasses of milk/day do not cut it even tho' it says so on the label..

Good luck with your meniscusees and happy carving!

Stuart the Stooge has spoken Hijack complete!

knee update xx down_hill Alpine Skiing 3 August 17th 06 02:29 AM
Knee Protecting Bindings Dwight Alpine Skiing 7 March 18th 05 06:02 PM
Skiing after knee reconstruction paul j Alpine Skiing 23 December 20th 04 07:02 PM
Knee injury while *standing still* - well, almost. FGreen General 7 March 4th 04 12:57 PM
Chester Bullock's "Integrity" scottabe Alpine Skiing 0 September 15th 03 02:47 PM