rsam question

Old September 11th 03, 12:20 AM
The Real Bev

Default rsam question

klaus wrote:

bdubya wrote:

Kinda nice seeing everything dressed up in white again. Walked the dog
in Goretex and Sorels this morning.....

Didn't know they made Sorels that small. That's one spoiled dog.

I knew that was coming.. I was in Sorels. The dog has his own
booties. Made out of nylon with high friction pads. Made by
RuffWear(tm). They're quite nice and make him able to go out in very
cold.

http://www.ruffwear.com/products/dog_boots/

(I am not associated with Ruff Wear. My dog is just a satisfied
customer.)

How do they stay on without garters?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old September 11th 03, 01:38 AM
pigo

Default Chester Bullock, Terrorist

"Olaf Timandahaff" wrote in message

Fishing BORING, give me sailing you swabs.

****! Even fishing has more horsepower than sailing. Talk about boring.
Ever been 100mph on the water? Sailing is boring.

Old September 11th 03, 06:28 AM
BrritSki

The Real Bev wrote:

klaus wrote:

bdubya wrote:

Kinda nice seeing everything dressed up in white again. Walked the dog
in Goretex and Sorels this morning.....

Didn't know they made Sorels that small. That's one spoiled dog.

I knew that was coming.. I was in Sorels. The dog has his own
booties. Made out of nylon with high friction pads. Made by
RuffWear(tm). They're quite nice and make him able to go out in very
cold.

http://www.ruffwear.com/products/dog_boots/

(I am not associated with Ruff Wear. My dog is just a satisfied
customer.)

How do they stay on without garters?

Little doggie braces (suspenders for our American cousins) that go over
the back of the dog ?

Old September 11th 03, 04:05 PM
klaus

BrritSki wrote:

How do they stay on without garters?

Little doggie braces (suspenders for our American cousins) that go over
the back of the dog ?

You guys are sooo out of touch. There's a cinch strap at the
ankle. Works great.

-klaus

Old September 11th 03, 08:13 PM
Ted Waldron

pigo wrote:
"Olaf Timandahaff" wrote in message

Fishing BORING, give me sailing you swabs.

****! Even fishing has more horsepower than sailing. Talk about boring.
Ever been 100mph on the water? Sailing is boring.

You use a hydrofoil to fish?g I guess you are out fishing Marlin or
the very elusive Lake Washington Barracuda.

Non skiing question/motor boat question from a motorboat newbie: What
other boats besides Hydrofoils can go over 100mph/160kph? Cigarette? any
others?

Ted
I thought Feathercraft sea kayaks lean mean fast machines.

Old September 11th 03, 08:37 PM
pigo

"Ted Waldron" wrote in message
pigo wrote:
"Olaf Timandahaff" wrote in message

Fishing BORING, give me sailing you swabs.

****! Even fishing has more horsepower than sailing. Talk about

boring.
Ever been 100mph on the water? Sailing is boring.

You use a hydrofoil to fish?g I guess you are out fishing Marlin or
the very elusive Lake Washington Barracuda.

Non skiing question/motor boat question from a motorboat newbie: What
other boats besides Hydrofoils can go over 100mph/160kph? Cigarette?

any
others?

Many other hull types. I think the most common recreational hull type
for speeds like that are flatbottom. Those are the ones that are low to
the water, kinda V'd in the front but flat in the rear under the motor.
Hydroplanes are another. They have what appears to be 2 hulls in the
front with space in the middle and flat across the back. At speed they
probably have 4 sq. in. in the water. Donzi, among others make high
performance, and more traditional looking *very* fast boats.

The speed ski team I was with in the 70's had a flatbottom that had the
woman's world record for speed in the quarter mile. 111mph. At the time
the fuel hydroplane record for a quarter mile (without skier) was 203
mph (from a standing start!). The flatbottom record at the time was 165
I think.

Many of the ski race boats, flatbottoms and daycruisers (18-20 footers)
maintained 90-100 mph for water ski races from anywhere from 5 to 100
miles.

Maybe sailing in 30 foot seas or something could give me that kind of
rush, I don't know.

pigo

Old September 12th 03, 02:08 AM
The Real Bev

klaus wrote:

BrritSki wrote:

How do they stay on without garters?

Little doggie braces (suspenders for our American cousins) that go over
the back of the dog ?

You guys are sooo out of touch. There's a cinch strap at the
ankle. Works great.

I guess fishnets for summer wear are out of the question, then.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old September 12th 03, 01:17 PM
Chester Bullock

Default Boats

"pigo" wrote in
:

Many other hull types. I think the most common recreational hull type
for speeds like that are flatbottom. Those are the ones that are low to
the water, kinda V'd in the front but flat in the rear under the motor.
Hydroplanes are another. They have what appears to be 2 hulls in the
front with space in the middle and flat across the back. At speed they
probably have 4 sq. in. in the water. Donzi, among others make high
performance, and more traditional looking *very* fast boats.

I think what you are talking about here is a catamaran style hull. I may
be incorrect, but I think hydroplanes are a different beast altogether. Oh
wait, I see what you are talking about. A hydro like Miss Budweiser (
http://www.missbudweiser.com/ ). Cat hulls are somewhat popular in
offshore racing, but I think deep v's are more so. A deep v hull is the
top photo at http://www.eastcoastattractions.com/offshore.htm and a
catamaran hull is in the pic underneath it.

I went to the drag boat races in Phoenix once. That was pretty cool.
180mph on water in a quarter mile. More info at http://www.ihbaracing.com/

--
Chester Bullock,
Tenxible Solutions - Tangible, Flexible
Old September 12th 03, 01:32 PM
scottabe

in article , Chester Bullock at
wrote on 9/12/03 6:17 AM:

"pigo" wrote in
:

[...]

Hey, Chester, when Bob Thompson falsely accuses me of molesting children, do
you think it is as cool as drag boats?
You've got kids, Chester. You don't mind if I falsely accuse you of
molesting them, do you? Obviously, you don't mind if your friend Bob
Thompson does that to me, do you. Fair is fair, right?

Old September 12th 03, 01:43 PM
pigo

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message

I think what you are talking about here is a catamaran style hull. I

may
be incorrect, but I think hydroplanes are a different beast

altogether. Oh
wait, I see what you are talking about. A hydro like Miss Budweiser (
http://www.missbudweiser.com/ ). Cat hulls are somewhat popular in
offshore racing, but I think deep v's are more so. A deep v hull is

the
top photo at http://www.eastcoastattractions.com/offshore.htm and a
catamaran hull is in the pic underneath it.

Miss Bud is one type (size) of hydro. The size and general look of the
dragboat kind are also sold for recreation.

I went to the drag boat races in Phoenix once. That was pretty cool.
180mph on water in a quarter mile. More info at

http://www.ihbaracing.com/

I think the record for blown fuel hydro (the fastest drag boat class) is
in the 230 range. The 203 that I saw set was in about 1975. The 111 that
my friend set on a ski was about the same time, behind a gas flatbottom.
Both at Long Beach.

pigo