rsam question

Old September 12th 03, 04:30 PM
Chester Bullock

Default Boats

pigo wrote:

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message

I think what you are talking about here is a catamaran style hull. I

may

be incorrect, but I think hydroplanes are a different beast

altogether. Oh

wait, I see what you are talking about. A hydro like Miss Budweiser (
http://www.missbudweiser.com/ ). Cat hulls are somewhat popular in
offshore racing, but I think deep v's are more so. A deep v hull is

the

top photo at http://www.eastcoastattractions.com/offshore.htm and a
catamaran hull is in the pic underneath it.

Miss Bud is one type (size) of hydro. The size and general look of the
dragboat kind are also sold for recreation.

I went to the drag boat races in Phoenix once. That was pretty cool.
180mph on water in a quarter mile. More info at

http://www.ihbaracing.com/

I think the record for blown fuel hydro (the fastest drag boat class) is
in the 230 range. The 203 that I saw set was in about 1975. The 111 that
my friend set on a ski was about the same time, behind a gas flatbottom.
Both at Long Beach.

I would love to drive any of those. That has got to be a kick...

Chester Bullock,
Tenxible Solutions
Ethical, quality website design and programming
http://www.tenxible.com

Old September 12th 03, 04:50 PM
pigo

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message

I would love to drive any of those. That has got to be a kick...

It seems pretty much a razor's edge between fun and disaster.

Pretty much any jet boat with the chrome stacks on the big engine in the
back will do 55-65. That's pretty fun. To get to the 80's and up you
need to start modifying. Jet's take more hp to achieve the same speed
but have safety and handling characteristics to consider.

Much of the over 70 of mine was on a water ski in the races. I wasn't
the boat driver in that capacity. Once and a while between heats or race
weekends we would go out and drive around fast. In those cases I was a
passenger. It just dawned on me that during those runs I was facing
backwards. The boat only had one seat facing forward and one facing the
rear. The rest was motor.

I might try to time my next trip to Phoenix for a boat race. It's been
awhile. I think my dad even has an extra utility van sitting around
somewhere that I could take. Get me a blender and a generator and it
will be like old times.

pigo

Old September 12th 03, 04:55 PM
Chester Bullock

pigo wrote:

I might try to time my next trip to Phoenix for a boat race. It's been
awhile. I think my dad even has an extra utility van sitting around
somewhere that I could take. Get me a blender and a generator and it
will be like old times.

The races at Firebird are pretty cool and definitely a good time. Wish
they would bring them up here to Colorado...

Old September 16th 03, 05:33 PM
pigo

Default rsam question

From my "sent items" I find that I sent this on 9/9.
Just to make it clear that I'm not beating the horse. If you see my
posts to rsam show up late or out of context or out of the blue like
this please take that into consideration.

"pigo" wrote in message

"Sam Seiber" wrote in message

I finally made it to the white list. And now I think about it,
a white list sure makes sense for the nature of this group.
This time of year, white is my favorite color.

I think I started on the white list but some thin skin removed me. I'm
not sure though. It boils down to principal more than the actual

arrival
of my posts though. When you cut through all the drama, this is still

pretty insignificant forum in the overall scheme of things.

I saw your your weather report over in RSA. May your snow
be deep and soft, and freshened up every other day.

My beloved Loveland is looking better:
http://www.sbseiber.com/love030909.jpg

Sam "I ski Loveland" Seiber

Old September 16th 03, 08:43 PM
bdubya

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:33:52 -0600, "pigo"
wrote:

From my "sent items" I find that I sent this on 9/9.
Just to make it clear that I'm not beating the horse. If you see my
posts to rsam show up late or out of context or out of the blue like
this please take that into consideration.

Tech trouble on a moderator's part (mine). Mea culpa. Problem
resolved, at least.....

bw