Cyclists are Girly Men

Old July 5th 03, 08:26 PM
Sue

Default Cyclists are Girly Men

In message , Kurgan
Gringioni writes
THE HERMINATOR showed those girly lycra-wearing cyclists just how superior
we skiers are.

Not only that, THE HERMINATOR made Manly Fashion Statement, cladding himself
in macho purple skinsuit while those gay cyclists could only sport their
girly team colors.

YUK! Those lycra ski suits are waaay too girly for us grrrls!

Anyway my bike jersey's tasteful blue/green and says "Drinkers with a
Cycling Problem" - nothing particularly gay about that.
--
Sue ];(
Old July 5th 03, 09:41 PM
Richard Henry

Kurgan Gringioni wrote in
message . net...
THE HERMINATOR showed those girly lycra-wearing cyclists just how superior
we skiers are.

Not only that, THE HERMINATOR made Manly Fashion Statement, cladding

himself
in macho purple skinsuit while those gay cyclists could only sport their
girly team colors.

July 5, 2003. It is a good day for us manly skiers.

I now go to flex my manly muscles in the mirror.

So what was hit time? I missed the start, watching some manly girls playing
tennis.

Old July 5th 03, 10:16 PM
bdubya

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:41:27 -0700, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

Kurgan Gringioni wrote in
message . net...
THE HERMINATOR showed those girly lycra-wearing cyclists just how superior
we skiers are.

Not only that, THE HERMINATOR made Manly Fashion Statement, cladding

himself
in macho purple skinsuit while those gay cyclists could only sport their
girly team colors.

July 5, 2003. It is a good day for us manly skiers.

I now go to flex my manly muscles in the mirror.

So what was hit time? I missed the start, watching some manly girls playing
tennis.

Reuters says it was 8:45 (unofficial), about a minute behind the guys
who have spent their whole lives training for this stuff. Not bad for
somebody doing it on a lark.

bw
Old July 5th 03, 10:22 PM
Carl Sundquist

"bdubya" wrote in message

So what was hit time? I missed the start, watching some manly girls

playing
tennis.

Reuters says it was 8:45 (unofficial), about a minute behind the guys
who have spent their whole lives training for this stuff. Not bad for
somebody doing it on a lark.

"The guys" have not spent their whole lives training for an eight minute
time trial. Maybe Boardman did, though.

Old July 5th 03, 10:23 PM
Carl Sundquist

"bdubya" wrote in message
Not bad for
somebody doing it on a lark.

I thought he had been asking the race organizers for several years if he
could do it.

Old July 10th 03, 03:05 AM
Marty Pietruszka

"TCS" wrote in message
I invested two hours in watching the Prologue and I never saw Herman.

What
happened?

I was told that he came in at 8:45. The slowest official racer was at
8'32", a difference of 13 seconds.

#1 was Bradley McGee of Australia. It should have been David Miller of
Great Briton, but he had a mechanical right at the end. Without the
mechanical, I think David would have run about 7'20". So, Hermann was about
1'25" off the fastest time. That's about 19% slower than the fastest guy,
at an average speed of almost 28 mph over a flat but rough 4 miles. A good
effort by Hermann.

I'm pretty sure Hermann shaved his legs for the event and I've been told
that he was seen later that evening in his lycra speed suit sporting a huge
boner. How can he do that? Ride a bike with shaved legs and have a boner?
He is a God!
--
Marty

Old July 15th 03, 09:38 PM
David Off

Marty Pietruszka wrote:

I was told that he came in at 8:45. The slowest official racer was at
8'32", a difference of 13 seconds

Thanks for the update, I didn't see Maier mentioned in the French press.
I think 8:45 is a good time but as I said on this newsgroup before I
didn't think he could beat any of the pros.

The course is not entirely flat. I cycle over the first bit from Pont
Ilena to Kleber on my way to work and it is quite a steep climb. Kleber
is flat but the Champs Elysees/George V is quite a good downhill too.
The Champs are very rough (yes I have cycled them too.).

I think this is the approximate course from the few seconds I caught.

#1 was Bradley McGee of Australia. It should have been David Miller of
Great Briton, but he had a mechanical right at the end. Without the
mechanical, I think David would have run about 7'20".

Millar says he lost 5 seconds, he blamed it on his director sportif who
was in charge of equipment. 4 other Cofidis riders had gear problems.

Apart from that Millar has performed pretty well in this tour, he
doesn't look like a winner this year, or next, but a good performance
none the less.

Regarding Maier's challeng to cyclists to try skiing withing 20% of his
time, I don't think a prologue time trial really equates to a downhill
worldcup event in anything other than duration. The main element, apart
from riding a bike, is power. Maybe Maier should try a day in the Alps?
There is a lot more skill involved in pacing yourself to stay in
contention with the leaders.

David

Old July 16th 03, 01:42 AM
Richard Henry

David Off wrote in message

Slight change of topic, speaking of girly girls...

Speaking of comparing times, how do the best times of women road racers
compare? Is there an Anika Cycleson out there looking for a chance (or some
publicity)?

Are the podium girls we see every night after the stage selected by the Tour
officials, or are they local girls from each arrivee city?

Old July 16th 03, 12:39 PM
David Off

"Richard Henry" wrote in message news:j42Ra.7347$Bp2.6102@fed1read07...
David Off wrote in message

Slight change of topic, speaking of girly girls...

Are the podium girls we see every night after the stage selected by the Tour
officials, or are they local girls from each arrivee city?

The Credit Lyonaise girls are supposed to be selected from the local
branches of the bank.

David
Old July 16th 03, 02:07 PM
uglymoney

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:59:46 -0600, Jay Pique
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:42:46 -0700, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

David Off wrote in message

Slight change of topic, speaking of girly girls...

Speaking of comparing times, how do the best times of women road racers
compare? Is there an Anika Cycleson out there looking for a chance (or some
publicity)?

Are the podium girls we see every night after the stage selected by the Tour
officials, or are they local girls from each arrivee city?

Man, I don't know - but they are HOT HOT HOT baby!!! Yowza!

RAGBRAI is next week here in Iowa. Your good friend nate is
going on a warmup ride today with a biker babe. I'm not
doing RAGBRAI but figured I'd give her a hand getting into
shape.

I tried to find a podium babe to go riding with, but turns
out the only time one of these girls visits the state they
are in a plane somewhere far overhead.

Plus this girl wants to stop off for beers a couple places,
and she drives a 325, and she just moved back here from
Texas - proving she is smart.

Life is good.

nate