Snowboarding schools in Tahoe

Old February 1st 04, 02:06 AM
browse

Default Snowboarding schools in Tahoe

After being a newbie skier for several years (I typically only go skiing
a couple of days a year), I'm interested in learning to snowboard. Any
recommendations for the best snowboarding schools at the Tahoe resorts?
North shore, south shore, either works for me.

Thanks for any suggestions,

browse
--
"Someday, I'd like to live a life based on doing good stuff instead of
just not doing bad stuff."
Old February 1st 04, 03:55 PM
Mike T

After being a newbie skier for several years (I typically only go
skiing
a couple of days a year), I'm interested in learning to snowboard. Any
recommendations for the best snowboarding schools at the Tahoe

resorts?
North shore, south shore, either works for me.

When I learned in '97, I had very good luck with Boreal. They had an
early-morning 2 hour private lesson deal at the time and I did that
several times with my wife. Boreal is a great "starting out" mountain,
because you're not paying for lots of terrain that's beyond your
ability. We did most of our riding there for our first season (~6
times) and then "graduated" to the other North Tahoe resorts partway
through the next season.

Mike T

Old February 2nd 04, 04:49 PM
Arvin Chang

browse wrote in message ...
After being a newbie skier for several years (I typically only go skiing
a couple of days a year), I'm interested in learning to snowboard. Any
recommendations for the best snowboarding schools at the Tahoe resorts?
North shore, south shore, either works for me.

Thanks for any suggestions,

browse

Kirkwood has an interesting deal that you might want to consider. You
first buy a beginner lesson package (rental, ticket, lesson) for $80,
then for $220 more you can buy a "First Adventure Pass" which gives
you unlimited rentals, unlimited lessons (level 2-6) and a season pass
for a full year from the purchase date. The season pass gives you
access to all of the mountain except the two expert chairs (Cornice
and The Wall) that I'm *sure* you will not want to go on for at least
a year, if not more.

I had my girlfriend get one of these and after 4 days this season, it
already has made its money back for her. I recommend you buy your own
gear as soon as possible because the rental gear isn't the best, but
even then this "First Adventure" pass is a great deal.

--Arvin
Old February 5th 04, 03:00 PM
tg

Just came back from a trip to Tahoe. Spent four days at Northstar with my
family. We went there on referral from friends and lower cost. Kids were in
snowcamp for three days and they have some excellent instructors. I would
highly suggest either Eric or Guido at Northstar. They brought my kids from
just linking turns to being able to do any run on the mountain. They are in
their 20's so I would recommend them for children to adults. I rode several
runs with them and my children and they were able to get across the concepts
very well.

They also have an adult half day "first timer" snowboard class that was very
reasonable and included rental. Then they have a "skills improvement" half
day that you can take the second day.

Good luck