Good snowboarding website to study technique

Old January 19th 04, 04:04 PM
Shane Mitchell

Default Good snowboarding website to study technique

Old January 20th 04, 03:07 AM
Jules Agee

Shane Mitchell wrote in message ...
Hi folks,

I'm a beginner looking for a good website to study technique / varieties
/ information on snowboarding. I'm not having much luck on Google, I'm
someone out there has put some really good info on the web, I just can't
locate it :-(

The FAQ has a lot of good information:
http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/
(or try http://rssfaq.org)

Daan Leijen has a great page about snowboard stance:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~daan/snow/stance.html

If you're interested in hardboot carving, check out the message board
and articles at:
http://www.bomberonline.com

Keep in mind that there is some crossover between hardboot and
softboot boarding, and someone in softboots on a freestyle board can
still learn some things by reading stuff that's mainly directed at
someone using hardboots. This site's also a little hardboot oriented,
but also some softboot stuff can be found at:
http://www.freecarve.com

Also (putting on flame-proof underwear) the hardbooters mostly seem to
be able to write intelligible sentences and describe techniques in an
understandable way. No offense intended to softbooters (I am one), but
there's a lot of crap websites out there with no more substance than
"D00d, we were like shreddN the gnar when Dave hit this skeer at like
40 mph and he went flyin! It was sick!" I know there are a lot of
intelligent softbooters, I just haven't seen very many of them writing
stuff on the net outside of this newsgroup.

I also put some notes for beginning boarders up on a web page, see the
link in my sig below:

-Jules
--
http://learning.snowboarding2.com
Old January 20th 04, 03:18 AM
Mike T

http://www.bomberonline.com

Keep in mind that there is some crossover between hardboot and
softboot boarding, and someone in softboots on a freestyle board can
still learn some things by reading stuff that's mainly directed at
someone using hardboots. This site's also a little hardboot oriented,
but also some softboot stuff can be found at:
http://www.freecarve.com

I second that.... a few years ago I tried to push myself by reading
these sites. I actually learned quite a bit that was applicable to soft
booting - all those same articles are still on Bomber (plus more).

Alas, I decided to give hard boots a try, and now have three times as
much gear

Mike T