Ski-go racing universal kick wax -1-20 vs Swix KR-30 for corn cold snow

Old February 1st 06, 05:16 PM

Default Ski-go racing universal kick wax -1-20 vs Swix KR-30 for corn cold snow

All I know is Ski-go 3 times more expensive than Swix. Is it worth it?
Any other suggestions for kick wax for corn snow and t=-5-15 celsius?

Old February 2nd 06, 08:21 AM

Just to clear things up here a bit:
The Ski*go Racing Universal is a kick wax while Swix Kr-30 is a
klister.
Kick waxes are always easier to apply and clean-up than klisters.
Racing Universal is listed for "all snow types except new snow".
Kr-30 is listed as "For frozen, icy tracks in cold conditions".
[quotes from respective brand web sites].
Your question was for "corn cold snow" so I think the above quotes
answer your question about suitability.

The Racing Universal is fluoronated and Kr-30 isn't so that accounts
for most of the price difference.

I've used Racing universal well out of it's labelled zone (-33C) and it
was still working like it should (this was last season since it's been
way too warm this season around here, though it might be -33C
in Russia right now as I understand). I think you will be very
pleased with it.

Rodney